Source for guitar templates.

4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
So I'll be treating myself to a router soon, and fancy trying my hand at making a telecaster body. Does anyone have a good source of routing templates? Either a link to a uk supplier, or even better someone on here selling some. I figured tele would be a good start, less contouring than other models! Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    I figured tele would be a good start, less contouring than other models!
    Says who ???

I'd offer to run off a copy of my Tele template, but I've no idea whether it's an accurate template - it's just what I use to make Tele-ish shaped guitars.

That said, the neck pocket is probably the only really critical bit, and you'll probably make your own template for that anyway, depending on the neck that you use/build.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Yeah, that contouring should be just about within my grasp :-) Tele-ish works for me, as long as it looks reasonably close to a standard tele shape ...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    You're welcome to a copy of the template that did that one (and others like it). It's probably more Tele than ish, just didn't want anyone thinking that it'd be perfect.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • MistergMisterg Frets: 293
    If you're handy with paper and scissors, there are a huge number of templates in pdf format on TDPRI:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-depot/157004-printable-guitar-template-pdf.html

(Some of the older links are dead, but if you trawl through the thread, there's loads of working links.)
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    potvin does 'em.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    It sounds like you're probably sorted, but if not, I've got a set of Ron Kirn's Tele templates I'd think about shifting - pm me if you're interested :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the replies guys. Just to avoid any confusion though, I'm after some thick mdf or acrylic templates that a router can physically follow, not paper ones. I'd probably be ok printing a pdf and cutting one myself, but I'd rather have one that's well made or cnc / laser cut so I know it's accurate.