Output Jack: Good Replacement?

What's Hot
Hi folks

The output jack on my Schecter Corsair is a bit dodgy---I lose connection sometimes if I waggle the cable. I want to replace it with a better/more reliable one. 

Can anyone recommend a good replacement jack? Preferably one that doesn't require any drilling or other woodwork...I took a photo of the one thats there just now. I think @camf has done this before, any recommendations Cam? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There is only one brand worth fitting, and that is Switchcraft. About £2.50 everywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What he said.

Although are you sure it's not the cable?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's the jack, can feel it moving. Plus, it happens with two different Kabls so I'm relatively confident its not them.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Switchcraft.

Only.

Ever.

I really have no idea why other companies can't make something as simple as an open-frame jack properly, but they can't.

You'll also need a shakeproof washer, since they don't come with them and the one from your ld jack may not fit if it's metric. The most economical way to buy one from Allparts seems to be this

Although other parts supply companies are available :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers.

I will have a go at tightening up the existing one (I think that might be the problem) and then replace it if it goes funny again.
  • @icbm by shake proof washer do you mean the toothed one? I always wondered what they were called. Do you use a smooth washer as well?
  • It's generally called a star washer, I think. I put a flat washer under the nut.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    @icbm by shake proof washer do you mean the toothed one? I always wondered what they were called. Do you use a smooth washer as well?
    Yes. The toothed shakeproof one goes on the inside and stops the jack turning relative to the plate. The smooth one goes on the outside under the nut and makes it easier to tighten the nut *without* turning the jack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein