SSL1C PickUps- who wanted?

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30888
OK- I let a few peeps down on this by not following it thru as I have been manic at work.

However, pls add your name if you want one and I'll order asap.

For those that are unaware, this is Seymour's hand wound, boutique Gilmour pickup and is droolsomely powerful. Only 150 made.

It is my favourite Strat pup and it rawks.

here's the spec

Seymour Duncan Custom Shop "SSL-1C DG" hand scatter-wound pickup.  In 1979 Seymour Duncan custom wound this pickup for David Gilmour to install in his black Strat because he required a hotter bridge pickup, one with more output, sustain and richer harmonics. We've contracted Seymour Duncan's Custom Shop to manufacture for us these same pickups, and they are exclusively offered here.

Each pickup is hand scatter-wound with staggered, beveled Alnico V pole pieces, cloth insulated 22 gauge hook-up leads, keyed bottom flat work stamped with "SSL-1C DG". Coil windings are wrapped with cloth tape. Each pickup is wound and signed by "MJ" (Maricela Juarez) of Seymour Duncan's custom shop.

Includes a custom aged white pickup cover, nickel plated Phillips round head mounting screws and two rubber surgical tubing pieces.

Important: As we are having this specific pickup custom manufactured it is intended to be installed with the Fender Custom Shop Custom '69 (middle) and Fat '50 (neck) pickups and all 3 of these pickups black ground wires are to be soldered together on the case of the volume potentiometer and all 3 of these pickups white wires are to be soldered to the 5-way selector switch. There is NO need to reverse the leads of any of the above mentioned pickups to correct for phasing.

PRICE WILL BE $136 each plus anything else I'm charged.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments