More Chibson

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017

Here.

Apparently, "Custom made in a small factory in china to spec"

Whatever that means.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Shame it's not advertised as a Gibson, or I'd be considering buying it then getting a refund from Buyer Protection and "destroying" the guitar cos it's counterfeit.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    What the hell is that cutaway all about, its miles out!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    'Rustic Latches'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    If you look at his recent feedback, it's for Chinese PRS knockoffs, etc.

Jeez, £150 off Aliexpress, then sold to some UK mug for 3 times the price - a nice markup if you have no scruples.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2866
    Horse shit !!!

Seller needs a slap. Usual chibson bollocks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16010
    price is always an issue but its probably a very decent guitar -they get better every day .....the only wrong thing is when they try to pass themselves off as the real deal and some poor unsuspecting customer ends up ripped off
    The quality of some of the legitimate Indonesian Fenders is quite remarkable for the price because the new generation machinery and C and C equiptment is state of the art .......some of these Chinese Guitars ( not all ) are made in EXACTLY THESE TYPE OF FACTORIES  - a lot of people forget that intricate consumer electronic goods,far more important than guitars are also being made in the same environment ( Apple, Nokia etc dont award huge contracts to companies that will make them a laughing stock worldwide )
    let alone PC manufacturers ,domestic appliances ,car parts for prestige brands etc 
     Its only the trademark rip-off that makes it unpalettable
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited January 2015
    It's the bullshit that I can't stomach - it is what it is - probably a good guitar for what you would pay from Aliexpress (or very likely more)*.

But I just don't like sellers addling a layer of fluff to somehow suggest that the presence of a (ripped off) logo confers some amazing status upon it.

*I've owned around 7-8 Chibsons and some of them (once set up) have been very good indeed.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    At least this one is 'honest' i.e. not trying to be passed off as a Gibson, and it actually looks quite decent.  But the price for an 'unknown' such as this is nonsense - you're better off buying a Tokai LP and having a resale market (btw- Seller is in Friern Barnet, London N11 - just a couple of miles from me).
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Why are the pickups never lined up with strings , ever?
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Because they have to cut corners to meet the price point. That's what they are, half decent knock offs built on the cheap.
  • Forge said:
    Because they have to cut corners to meet the price point. That's what they are, half decent knock offs built on the cheap.
    Bit like 70's fenders really
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Forge said:
    Bit like 70's fenders really

Like most 70s guitars imho.