• Great sounding pedal, happy NPD!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Cheers lads.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2349
    Nice :D
  • These would be worth the admission for the '61 harmonic tremolo alone.

Enjoy man.

:)
    edited January 2015
    Can't plug it in until I get home tomorrow though. :(
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I've said it a million times on here how much I regret selling mine. The 80s reverb sound on this is a glaring ommission from the Big Sky but i just couldn't justify the extra 250ma current draw on my board by keeping it.

Enjoy mate and HNPD!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    I'd love one of these too, HNPD !
    edited January 2015
    Deijavoo;469667" said:
    I've said it a million times on here how much I regret selling mine. The 80s reverb sound on this is a glaring ommission from the Big Sky but i just couldn't justify the extra 250ma current draw on my board by keeping it.

Enjoy mate and HNPD!

Cheers dude - Interesting you say that because the Flint powered up without issue from a 200ma adaptor. Is this gonna damage it? I only have the Japanese adaptor - pedal was sent over from Tokyo by a friend. Strymon's adaptors probably cost a packet.
    edited January 2015

According to this, you are fine and I wouldn't bother.

http://ztalk.proboards.com/thread/50128

For every pedal I buy I look into what mA the pedal draws as I don't like using wal-wart so I know what socket I should plug into in my PSU and if I can daisy chain.  It seems manufacturers falls into 3 categories.

1 - Don't state it at all

JHS does this, Basic Audio, Caroline Guitar Company does this too.  Actually most analogue pedals don't say it.

JHS being weird that The Panther Cub literature says 100mA, I emailed their tech and he tells me 100mA, but the demo video by Josh he says 300mA !!!

2 - Tell you exactly what it is

Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl is exactly what it is, or rather, what it draws at it's peak.  Which is what you want.

3 - Be overly cautious about mA

Disaster Area - the DPC-5.  The manual I beleive asks for 250mA, but in actual fact, it draws 170mA peak.  The reason given by Matthew was that he put 250mA because a lot of people have the Voodoo PP2+ and he wants people to use the socket that has 250mA.

This could be exactly why Flint's manual says 250mA. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Raymond. Can anyone else chime in on this?

Ernie Ball does the same as Disaster Area too.  Manual for the MVP asks for 100mA...I thought that was odd, it is an analogue pedal, emailed them and they told me it draws 2mA, TWO !  Same reason as before, they want people to use the 100mA socket.

I would email Strymon and ask for peak mA that the Flint draws, then you will know for sure.

Unless of house, someone else here has a Flint too and can take a look at the power supply that it comes with and see what it says.  If that is the same as yours then it'll be fine.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sorry I explained myself poorly there.

I run a Voodoo 4x4 which has 4 400ma outputs and 4 100ma outputs, but all 400ma are taken up and the 100 isn't enough. The Strymons only draw 200 I believe so you should have no problems at all. They reccomend 250 but I can't see why you'd have any issue. 
    It works a treat, sounds phenomenal. I'll try to do a demo video of it tonight.
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    I think there is a list of (actually measured) current-draw figures for lots of popular pedals at stinkfoot.se.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Can't seem to access secondary functions even with both switches pressed down. What do I have to do?