Opinions On This Strat

What's Hot
Spotted this on eBay. Just wondering what you fine people thought about it. I think it is a wee bit pricey for what is essentially a Warmouth partscaster but some lovely wood there. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Could be unbelievable view for money. Or a complete overpriced dog.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I like it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket said:
    I like it.
    You see I like it too but something in me is saying "it's not a Fender, you will lose money". 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26891
    I lol at the suggestion it's a Fender when neither the neck nor the body are from the Fender factory.  Whatever it is, it simply isn't a 62 reissue as they state.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72231
    If I'm not wrong, it's still an illegally listed fake too - even though it's built with licenced and genuine parts, it's still not a *Fender*.

Neither the neck or the body is an original Fender part so it can't even be described as a Fender with a licenced replacement body or neck.

@MattFGBI will know for sure.

For what it's worth I like it, apart from the horrible cheap-looking string trees.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    It's a very misleading description of a fake Fender Strat. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    edited January 2015
    I like it, but it's not what they say it is and the listing should be pulled by Ebay.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• ForgeForge Frets: 431
    If you really want to go partscaster just make your own. It will be yours specs and you'll save a small fortune. Buying a partscaster vs a genuine at that price guarantees a massive hit when you resell.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Should only be described as a 'Partscaster' as the only 'proper' bits are the pickguard and a bridge.  That's Custom Shop money for a fake.

I have no doubt that it looks lovely and probably plays very well. It's just a shame about the fraudulent description and that it is priced at about double what it is worth. 
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    I just caught sight of the logo...that's wrong, as is the place of manufacture. Warmoth is not operating in Corona.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Has everyone reported it? I know I have.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• What does "virtually no fret wear" mean?  I'd like to see a close up of the frets to try and assess fret wear.  I can't see any pictures of the frets on the page...,maybe I'm missing something?

Also, "professionally set up low action".....  I mean, action is subjective so I think it's always a bad idea to put this sort of thing into a description.  

They are basically using licensing agreement between Warmoth and Fender to manipulate the buyer into believing it's a proper Fender.   
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited January 2015
    ICBM said:
    If I'm not wrong, it's still an illegally listed fake too - even though it's built with licenced and genuine parts, it's still not a *Fender*.

Correct. I have experience of this with the county court. ( I was on the good side by the way ;) )

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Nice colour, FUGLY neck and for that money you could buy and import all those parts yourself from Warmoth and assemble it yourself, even with a pre painted body by Warmoth.

£1199 for that is a bit OTT i think.

And it's never going to be a Fender so they've devalued it by putting that logo on it, although it does cover up a small part of that awful birds eye bollocks !
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5626
    Way over-priced for a partscaster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom