Need help! Problem with Radial Trimode

spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
Got a fairly big problem with my Trimode and I have a gig tomorrow. When I sustain a note there is a strange clicking noise. Almost like a digital clock noise but as far as I'm aware this is all analog. Changed the tube, checked the cables and PSU. No joy. I know this is not a common pedal but any help would be great!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There was a similar thread to this a couple of days ago.

Have a look at what is around. Mobile phones, chargers, WIFI units, Laptops... anything like that which has a switch mode power supply.

It may be nothing to do with the Trimode, but the gain it applies to the signal may be showing something that is already present.

Good luck mate.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72211
    edited January 2015
    I had to repair one of these with a similar noise fault a while ago, it was the power supply.

Have you got a different one you could try? I seem to remember it was an uncommon voltage though. (15V?)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers guys but the plot now thickens!

Running it from a gigrig adaptor. The El Paso. It makes noise using that. Tried exactly the same set up with a Tonebone Classic. No noise. Just tried the dedicated psu with the trimode, no noise! I'm confused.

Couldn't get through to radial but sent an email with a recording. I'll speak to Dan at gigrig tomorrow and see what he thinks.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3036
    Just another data point: I use the Tonebone Classic with the El Paso and it makes no noise.

R.