Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How many amps?

What's Hot

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    At the moment it's 2; Budda SD30II which was bought off of @Spacecadet of this parish. bloody love it in a slightly cretinous Hi Gain kind of way. I have the option of running it as a 1x12 combo or a head as Spacecadet sold me a proper Budda headshell to go with it Blackheart Killer Ant, which was actually a very generous gift from the eternally philanthropic @Jookychap to my daughter but as it lives in the back room I get to play as well. Generally plug my LP Jr into it and bash out gnarly Rock & roll.. I do have a third incoming mind you, a Thornton Amps Dexter head s/n 001
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    edited January 2015
    8 at mo. Way too many & need to cull some........

Yamaha THR10
    Blackstar ID30 TVP
    Marshall Class 5 rat modded white with union jack speaker cloth
    Blackheart BH5 wtih 1 x12 mini stack rat modded
    Laney VC white LE
    Engl E650 head with Engl 2 x12
    Fender G Dec 30
    Marshall AS50

But generally only use 3 of them.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860

Only 2.  Don't need anymore at the moment and don't gas for any either.

Yamaha THR-10 for a quck instant sitting on the sofa, amp on coffee table play.

Bogner Atma for the real sound.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I've just bought a Kemper so I've downsized a bit in the real amp department.  The Lazy J is the only giggable one I have left.  I have a couple of 5 watters that I'm not sure whether to keep or get rid of.  They won't fetch me a fortune so I'm tempted to keep them for now.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2015
    Main gigging amp: Blackstar HT50
    Back-up amp: Orange Micro Terror
    Living room practice amp: Yamaha THR10
    Battery powered mini amp: Orange Micro Crush (might be replaced by a Blackstar Fly shortly)
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    RaymondLin;470924" said:
    Only 2.  Don't need anymore at the moment and don't gas for any either.Yamaha THR-10 for a quck instant sitting on the sofa, amp on coffee table play.Bogner Atma for the real sound.
    Stop kidding yourself there's no GAS.

"The real sound" only comes from non master volume amps ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    nickb_boy said:
    RaymondLin;470924" said:
    Only 2.  Don't need anymore at the moment and don't gas for any either.Yamaha THR-10 for a quck instant sitting on the sofa, amp on coffee table play.Bogner Atma for the real sound.
    Stop kidding yourself there's no GAS.

"The real sound" only comes from non master volume amps ;)

I wouldn't mind a Bogner Helios....or try a Carol Ann Trip-r
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Now that I stop and count, there's 5 amps in the house (plus my bass rig) which is more than I was expecting! My Genz Benz Black Pearl is the gigging workhorse that basically does everything for me. Got a Fender Champ 25 which is an odd little anomaly from the 90s with an SS pre and EL84 power section than sounds glorious. Used to use it as the clean half of a two amp rig with the Genz but got bored of carrying both around! The rest are tinkering-at-home things really, a Harley Benton GA5 with an old 70s 1x12 cab, a horrible no-brand practice amp that I paid a fiver for and just leave out in the office and my first ever amp, a Vox Venue 100w combo, that needs a damn good servicing to bring it back to life. I think I get enough use out of the two main ones to justify them and it's barely worth selling the others so that's probably how it'll stay!
  • I have practice amps (Yamaha THR10C, Microcube, Peavey Microbass).

Then Rivera Chubster 40, MusicMan 65 1 x 15" and ZT Club.

I find myself reaching for the Club because it's so much less hassle to move around, but it doesn't sound as good as the MM or Rivera, so I'm on the lookout for something that gives me the best of both worlds, under 35 lbs but sounds good in a Fendery or Voxy way and is loud enough to keep up with a loud band.  Keep meaning to start an advice thread about that.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I currently have 3, all of which suit me perfectly but I only use 1, one or both of the others will be sold.

I have a Marshall SL5 - probably the best classic rock tones to come out of one amp that I've heard. Pitched as a Slash sig, you could change the logo and it be the perfect Angus Young sig or many others who use that 70s/80s Marshall like sound.

Blackstar HT5 stack - great at home amp, headphone socket for silent use, looks brilliant and has a huge range of sounds.

Epiphone Valve Junior - so simple, looks amazingly good, nice clean sound and great for any volume with either a joyo brit sound or a cheap L pad attenuator.

I also use a pocket pod for using outside of my guitar room.
  • Just the one! I have an AC30 and i think it will be with me for the rest of my life! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Suhr Badger 30 + Suhr 1x12
    Suhr Corso + Suhr 1x12
    Dr Z Maz 18 Jnr NR + Dr Z 1x12

I use them all
    Has the Marshall SL5 gone?
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    dindude said:
    Suhr Corso + Suhr 1x12

I use them all
    Potentially tomorrow. It's a killer amp and I've not really got a bad word to say about it. However, I just ended up not using it since the Corso is awesome, allows easy recording and gets any tone I want with pedals.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    dindude said:
    Suhr Corso + Suhr 1x12

I use them all
    Potentially tomorrow. It's a killer amp and I've not really got a bad word to say about it. However, I just ended up not using it since the Corso is awesome, allows easy recording and gets any tone I want with pedals.
    Makes sense, hard to compete with the Suhr stuff I'd imagine. Was mostly making sure you hadn't "forgotten" it, this group only works if everyone is completely honest with themselves ;)
    dindude said:
    dindude said:
    Suhr Corso + Suhr 1x12

I use them all
    Makes sense, hard to compete with the Suhr stuff I'd imagine. Was mostly making sure you hadn't "forgotten" it, this group only works if everyone is completely honest with themselves ;)
    :-) it's good to know you've got my back!
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    I've got:

A Carvin Legacy
    A Carvin Legacy
    A Carvin Legacy
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:
    I've got:

A Carvin Legacy
    A Carvin Legacy
    A Carvin Legacy
    You can say that again
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2427
    '75 Orange Reverb Twin combo
    Laney Lionheart 20H + 2x12
    Laney Ironheart Studio head and Marshall 1912
    MarkBass Combo Head II

Now if only the people who design bass amps could speak to the people who design guitar amps and perhaps we would have small, light, good sounding and powerful guitar amps.
    Seriously, the MarkBass combo weighs 27lbs, is 300watts into the internal speaker and 500 watts if you connect an extension cab, sounds great, is well built, and costs a lot less than a similar quality guitar amp.

I don't need any more amps, nor do I have space for any more as far as I can tell, but if I found a really cheap 68 Deluxe Reverb or Princeton Reverb I might have to reconsider that.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • JadenJaden Frets: 251
    usually between 4 and 8.. I use them all.
    some for practise, some for recording, some for shows and some for live !
    Jaden Rose Guitars :: Jaden Rose Guitars on Facebook :: My Facebook :: YouTube

The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    more than I need and not as many as I want...

Fender twin reissue - owned for about 10 years and gigged a lot when I want a clean sound with some drive from pedals
    EVHiii 50 + 2x12 - probably my main gigging amp
    Hughes & Kettner zenamp - my main rehearsal /small gig  grab and go amp.  Gets a lot of positive comments and the most organic modelling amp I've owned
    Marshall jubilee 50w, bought new in 87.  Rarely gigged but as a head conversion is a nice back up and used for recording.
    Marshall jmp mk2 100w head + oversize 2x12 -  recentish buy and will get used for recording
    Marshall jcm800 bass + 4x12 - came with the jmp and will probably be sold this year.
    Marshall reverb 12 - used for jamming with mates with a yamaha dg stomp
    Marshall jmp1 / 8008  rack pre / poweramp - sometimes used for recording but it's a backup rig tbh
    Yamaha thr10 - living room for learning tunes
    Trace ta50r - for acoustic gigs
    There's a ton of active PA cabs here I could use for guitar duties if necessary but I think I have enough backup rigs at the moment...

When easter comes around I'm building a studio at the back of the house so I can have most of my amps setup and mic'd ready to record and rehearse.