Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Should I...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 136
    edited September 2013
    If I had the chance to buy back my old Strat which I sold in the mid nineties, I wouldn't hesitate.

You shouldn't even think about not doing, assuming you can afford to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Aw jeez, you gotta buy it back if it means anything to you.

EVERY day, at least once, I check ebay for my old Antoria Les Paul Copy. I swapped it for a Sound City 50w head and a 4x12cab in the early 90s and have regretted it every day since. If it *ever* comes up for sale - and its really distinctive - I would move heaven and earth to buy it back.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72315
    edited October 2013
    If anyone knows where there is a 1965 sunburst Fender Jaguar with 'Mary' written under the pickguard and a series mod to the switches, please let me know.

Also a modern Rickenbacker 425 reissue which some idiot (ie me) fitted with a Japanese copy Bigsby in an attempt to make it more "60s", I feel sorry for it and I would like it back to apologise and fix it.

:(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325

sorry to redrag this up again.. but I may not buy it back..    a) the guy wants quite a bit more money than I want to pay. b) it seems its had quite a bit of work done on it. 

When I owned the guitar, I spent an absolute fortune on it over the years, and although it was playing nicely just before I sold it, it appears that its had to have a bit of work on it again.  so a slight change of mind here!

• GruGru Frets: 339
    What has he had done to it?

if there is a chance it may not feel/behave/sound anything like you remember, it would be a very sensible choice to leave it. A shame though.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Ferget it and move on. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72315
    Yes, that changes everything. It's no longer really 'your old guitar' now, probably.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    What is it anyway?

its a tokai springy sound circa 1981.   very  nice guitar, but I did spend hunners and hunners on it over my ownership. ie new tuners, nut, refretted, neck relacquered,new wiring,  plus more pickup changes than should be humanely allowed, and I did get it setup about 8 times durning the 4 or 5 years I owned it.

ultimately its a strat, which along with tele's are the most replaceable guitars you can get,  I now own a couple of blade strats , and buildwise, playabilitly they are far better than the springy..  but I was very fond of it. still this time head will rule rather than heart!

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    I think you have done the right thing

• thomasw88 said:

its a tokai springy sound circa 1981.   very  nice guitar, but I did spend hunners and hunners on it over my ownership. ie new tuners, nut, refretted, neck relacquered,new wiring,  plus more pickup changes than should be humanely allowed, and I did get it setup about 8 times durning the 4 or 5 years I owned it.

ultimately its a strat, which along with tele's are the most replaceable guitars you can get,  I now own a couple of blade strats , and buildwise, playabilitly they are far better than the springy..  but I was very fond of it. still this time head will rule rather than heart!

Go for it. I own both Blades and Tokai ( Breezysound from 82) and there is no doubt that I prefer my Blades, but the Tokai is an incredibly resonant guitar and more "Fendery" than the Blades, besides youd be getting back a guitar that would now be close to being consdiered vintage
    edited October 2013
    Update... I bought it. Put a bid on eBay and got it. Oops..actually works out a fiver cheaper than what I sold it for 18months ago..
  • Money comes and goes.
    Best advice I ever got...
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life