JCA22H

What's Hot
Marktigere1Marktigere1 Frets: 101
Just thought I would join the Jet set for once in my life.

Have a JCA22H incoming to live in harmony with my Blackheart BH15H.

Looking forward to it as I have heard/read so much about this amp that I thought it rude not to at least try one.

Cheers

Mark
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice job. I have the single channel JCA20H, its sounds divine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMO probably the best value for money rock amp around by a bit of a stretch.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    edited January 2015

IMO probably the best value for money rock amp around by a bit of a stretch.

This is something of an understatement. The only amp in the sub-£1k bracket that I prefer is the JCA50H, and that's purely because of the extra headroom.

In my opinion, they sound best with the Jet City JCA24S 2x12" cab and the stock speakers, although there's a bit of disagreement on here about that.
    <space for hire>
  • I love cheap but good sounding equipment.

The Blackheart is beautifully built for its £200 price tag back in the day and sounds wonderful. (Real shame they stopped making them).

So I'm looking forward to seeing how the Jetcity stacks up as they seem to be very much from the same stable in terms of build quality.

Different sounding beasts of course. 
  • Nice, good buy.

I actually ordered myself the new head - JCA20HV - vintage looking and apparently bit less modern sounding too. They just arrived at thomann so it'll take a week for it to get to me in UK. Can't wait as I waited ages for it to be in stock.
  • Nice, good buy.

I actually ordered myself the new head - JCA20HV - vintage looking and apparently bit less modern sounding too. They just arrived at thomann so it'll take a week for it to get to me in UK. Can't wait as I waited ages for it to be in stock.
    Demo required - I haven't heard one of these with a proper distortion pedal, since most people seem to want to use them as a classic rock/blues amp rather than a pedal platform.
    <space for hire>
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    In my opinion, they sound best with the Jet City JCA24S 2x12" cab and the stock speakers, although there's a bit of disagreement on here about that.
    I agree that there's a disagreement about that. :))

But yeah hard to beat the jet cities new for the money.
  • masslessmassless Frets: 24
    edited January 2015

IMO probably the best value for money rock amp around by a bit of a stretch.

This is something of an understatement. The only amp in the sub-£1k bracket that I prefer is the JCA50H, and that's purely because of the extra headroom.

Oh? Does the 50 sound different to the 100? I'd be interested if it does. I have the jca100h as we'll, the 20 is a bit more open and ragged sounding, the 100 is smoother. I modded both with the depth mod, but the 100 doesn't really need it. I love this kit, it's so cheap and sounds great.

kris good score on the 20hv, would be interested in hearing a demo too when you get it.
  • It arrived today.

Unpacked and left for a good hour to acclimatise as it was particularly cold.

Plugged in and had my first (and last) problem.  No Sound!!

Switched both channels and nothing.  I then decided to turn the volume up on my Guitar and strangely the problem went away.

In the words of the late and great Rik Mayall 'Oh Lordy Lordy!!!'

This amp has absolutely NO RIGHT to sound this good considering the price.  Even taking price out of the equation it is a great sounding amp.

Had an hours play until the wife could take it no longer and turned it down.  Even at low volumes its great to play.

Basically rolled back the volume on the crunch channel for a nice clean using coil tap and then simply used the Overdrive channel for a wonderful lead sound.  TU3 and Crybaby were the only pedals used so far.  Guitar was a 1984 Westone Thunder 1.

Really impressed and looking forward to cranking the little swine.  Also to trying the Strat.

I do believe this is a classic in the making. 

Now have the Blackheart for a blues/rock amp and now the JCA22 as a rock/rock amp. 

Very pleased.  So pleased in fact I have a Jettenuator inbound.

Cheers

Mark

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they're pretty much a soldano circuit inside.

So yeah, they'd sound absolutely killer. Good work! Glad you fixed the volume pot ;)
    ^ Yeah. They're crazy nice for the money. :D Sweet score :D
  • So yeah, they'd sound absolutely killer. Good work! Glad you fixed the volume pot ;)
    Yes, give me a negative 'wisdom' for that.

Just in too much hurry to hit that first 'A' chord I guess.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I have the same pairing, although I'm selling the Blackheart simply because I don't use it.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    People mostly refer to them as rock amps, what are they like for clean sounds?
    ^ supposedly the 2x12 50 watt combo has a nice clean channel. but I haven't tried it.

cleans on the higher gain ones are... alrightish. it's not really a clean channel, though, it's just the lead channel with one of the gain stages taken out. so it's more of a crunch channel.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited January 2015
    http://youtu.be/0PaO4pfpK4o

Vid here. Sounds nice!

Think it's the 2x12

so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

^ Yeah that's the one.
  • Yep, JCA5212RC - the clean channel circuit's based on the Soldano Lucky 13 clean channel. Lovely thing, it is.
    <space for hire>