Rockbox Boiling point overdrive.

markjmarkj Frets: 914
After a lot of searching for a new overdrive,( see other discussions) I've ordered a boiling point overdrive. Full review when I get it. If I knew how to post a youtube video up here on the forum I would.  The intheblues review by shane is superb. Maybe someone on the forum could post this up for me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Just copy and paste a direct link?

I had one and sold it pretty quick, it's good but not great for low gain stuff, the drive is very focused and the output volume is insane
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    http://youtu.be/5DF9QkrQX7c Check out this superb demo and tell me what you think.
  • From that demo, it kinda sounds quite a lot like most other overdrive pedals. What's the blurb on them? I've never heard of it, but it does kinda sound a bit like a tubescreamer.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72308
    That's because it's a slightly modified Tube Screamer.

The switches are a change in bass cut and two different diode clipping networks with the middle setting being none.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM;473472" said:
    That's because it's a slightly modified Tube Screamer.

The switches are a change in bass cut and two different diode clipping networks with the middle setting being none.
    Ah, that'll do it then.
    Sounds good to me. A lot better than the rockett archer that I returned.
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    I've been interested in getting an Archer, what did you not like about it? I'm presuming if you're happy with the boiling point then you were after something that gave a bit more gain into a clean amp?
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    The archer sounded good as a clean boost, not very good with gain. The xotic ep booster that I once had was far superior than tha archer.
  • markj;474112" said:
    Sounds good to me. A lot better than the rockett archer that I returned.
    Klons as an overdrive are not a good idea, I've tried clones (like, accurate ones with magic diodes) and they're just not good for that. They need a dirty amp to boost.

And I prefer plenty of other things for that, too... So it's good to hear I'm not alone.
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    Yes, sounds like the Archer is behaving as it should. Boiling points are cool though, I might get another some day.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/