NGD - Baja Telecaster

What's Hot
Bought this last night from a nice chap on this here forum.
My first ever Tele.
Spent the whole day playing it and I think it's a splendid thing. 
I really am rather chuffed with it. The 4th position with the pickups in series (I think) is really cool IMO. I also like the 4th position out of phase (press the button on the tone knob) this seems to get almost an octavia kind of thing going on when you use distortion - love it!
Gonna gig it tomorrow.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Stonking guitar, glad you are liking it! Will probably regret letting it go, but hey ho! (First dibs, right?). Enjoy it, and have a great gig!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
    Beauty. Glad you went for it, enjoy.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    HNGD

My Baja is my main guitar and it's the best Tele i've ever played.

The pickups are incredible - custom shop Broadcaster Bridge and Twisted Tele Neck.
    The Bridge pickup is quite typically Tele-like with the tone full up, however add some drive and back the tone off slowly while playing an open chord (I used G because it rings nicely using all 6 strings) and you will find a sweet spot where although it's not quite a humbucker, it's more full sounding and heavier than you would expect a Tele to be.

I had my S1 switching removed but kept the 4 way switch and yes, that 4th position in series is bloody awesome - again, play with the tone control using some mild or maybe even transparent drive and there's a spot that changes it all again.

I found mine was transformed by having the frets levelled and dressed and a bone nut fitted, so now i can fret it with a stern look but there's no buzzing at all, even if you hit it hard - for the cost of that job it's made a huge difference to an already brilliant guitar.

Well done man. You've bought one of Fender's best kept secrets for a frankly incredible price - it looks in as new condition !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice guitar, and amp.  I had a Deluxe for about 6 years back in the 80's, gigged so much it smelled like smoke and stale beer by the time I sold it but still sounded great.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I agree .The S-1 circuit in the 4 th postion is great on overdrive .I think a lot of S-1 critics miss the point .i had to level the upper frets a tad to get a nice low action .Great neck though .