PSA: Guitarbuild.co.uk now offer Stratocaster necks

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Interesting! I can only wish them well with this - I do wish we had a UK equivalent of Warmoth sometimes, and I think Guitarbuild could end up becoming that. I see chambered bodies are now available also. Hope they can keep expanding the range of what's available anyhow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, this is good. :)

Glad they can chamber bodies, too, they sometimes use baseball bat ash and walnut so it's good they can knock some weight off.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    Yeah, this is good. :)

Glad they can chamber bodies, too, they sometimes use baseball bat ash and walnut so it's good they can knock some weight off.
    Where have you seen the chambered bodies? I can't find them on the website :-(
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonka;474667" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

http://www.guitarbuild.co.uk/products/guitarbuild-sc-sss-body-chambered

The website isn't great... I had to Google search that.
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    BigMonka said:

http://www.guitarbuild.co.uk/collections/st/products/guitarbuild-sc-sss-body-chambered

Not sure if that's the only one listed so far, but I'm sure they can do other things if asked - I'd like to see chambered and thinline tele bodies myself.
  • And, at £105 for a 2 piece chambered body, it's certainly comparable to a warmoth guitar. Very good!

They do nice bodies. My strat is a guitarbuild from eBay and was tidy and sanded nicely (I always redo sanding though). However, gspbasses bodies are flawless. Perfect routing with no rough spots and the curves are flawless. It's tiny, tiny details no one else would notice, but it's there.
    Thanks for the link, looks like its only strats at the moment... but in the mean time it looks like I'm buying a GSP thinline from the classifieds, happy days!
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    For me these are insanely expensive, they come with a standard paddle headstock and no fretwire for £135!!! add wire and have them shape it to a strat shape for you and you're up to £185, an allparts neck is £70 cheaper. I don't think they'll shift many of these at the prices they're asking for the custom options, and who wants a neck with no fretwire (Jooky aside)? I'll be waiting with baited breath for the 2nd quality ones they'll shift on ebay for a fraction of that cost. I honestly thought when they announced these necks they'd be cheaper than a Fender Licenced one.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    BigMonka said:
    Thanks for the link, looks like its only strats at the moment... but in the mean time it looks like I'm buying a GSP thinline from the classifieds, happy days!
    I'm gassing for that guitar so hard! I'm a bit gutted you've beaten me to it tbh :P

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    lamf68 said:
    For me these are insanely expensive, they come with a standard paddle headstock and no fretwire for £135!!! add wire and have them shape it to a strat shape for you and you're up to £185, an allparts neck is £70 cheaper. I don't think they'll shift many of these at the prices they're asking for the custom options, and who wants a neck with no fretwire (Jooky aside)? I'll be waiting with baited breath for the 2nd quality ones they'll shift on ebay for a fraction of that cost. I honestly thought when they announced these necks they'd be cheaper than a Fender Licenced one.
    You're right, that's pretty expensive considering there's no laquer or finish on the neck and even an all parts neck is laquered for less cost.

I would be interested to know what @GSPbasses thinks about this and what Graeme could offer as an alternative ?
    hobbio said:
    BigMonka said:
    I'm gassing for that guitar so hard! I'm a bit gutted you've beaten me to it tbh :P
    Sorry! If it's any consolation it's for a good cause (my 30th birthday), lol.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I think a lot of it will depend on quality and as GBuild get more feedback from UK customers and tooling costs are recouped they may well become more competitive. All Parts necks are churned out  fast and cheap by US and Asian OEM's that are feeding into a global market GB at this point is small scale UK based with ambition. I am sure once they are up and running and had the usual shake down you will see more choice of woods etc etc

I cant wait for their LES PAUL thats coming later in the year and its going to be my 2015 build project.

I may well spend the bit extra just to support a UK business and get a V neck for the pinecaster. As the old adage goes its always easier to make something cheaper.

So from my perspective its great someone is bothering in the UK
    lamf68 said:

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    My first thought was also "expensive, compared to the bodies". On the other hand, they might turn up on their ebay shop at half the price...
  • They do seem expensive, unless they're completely hand made. I suspect that's around what any luthier would charge for a pro spec hand made neck?

And, as @thermionic says, the eBay store is much cheaper. They told me the actual shop prices get you the best quality woods. I've not had any issues with the eBay stuff!
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    BigMonka said:
    hobbio said:
    BigMonka said:
    Sorry! If it's any consolation it's for a good cause (my 30th birthday), lol.
    No worries mate, I couldn't raise the cash quick enough to grab it a week ago. First dibs if you decide to move it on?

Dat neck doe :)

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread