NAD almost!

What's Hot
FaffFaff Frets: 29
edited January 2015 in Amps
Just come home to find a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb delivered. Whoooohoooo! 
After careful unpacking I find that it has a Euro plug on it. Ahhh Feck! 
The lead is hard wired in and at this time of night there's no way I can get a Euro to Uk adapter. The music shop I bought it off is also closed. In my keeness to get it powered up,I could cut the wire and fit a UK plug but I really want to keep this in mint condition as I have 30 days money back guarantee. I hope I do like it but I really want to make sure. 

So there it is staring at me like a dead donkey. Whispering " play me play me". Tormenting me. 

So what does the panel think about stuff arriving with euro plugs on? I've had stuff from Thomann like that but you'd expect it if you're ordering from Germany. 

I bought it online from DV247 in UK but it was shipped from Germany. I'll phone them tomorrow to ask about Grey Imports or maybe that's not the case for EU stuff. Just letting off steam!
Guitarist for...  HEY PIXIES - The UK's most gigantic PIXIES tribute band
http://www.facebook.com/heypixies
"We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've heard about this from DV247 before - I believe they distribute from Germany or something along those lines, hence the euro plug.
    IMO don't chop the lead up. Be patient and get an adapter.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    They're owned by Musicstore now I think. But if they have a UK site (as the DV247 site is) it should ship with a UK plug. IMO.
  • FaffFaff Frets: 29
    How could I wait? I've managed to squeeze the euro plug into an extension socket - it's very firmly in. So away we go! DV247 seem to be part of a group with other DV247s around Europe. However, I still think that buying from a UK site should mean it comes with a UK plug. I'll see what they say tomorrow.
    "We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Also check its a 240v model and not the EU 230v
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I think you'll like it.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    edited January 2015
    As Timmy says - see if you can see anything written on it to suggest if it's 240v or 230v. If it's 230v (or maybe 220v), send it back. If it's 240v, chop the plug off and put a UK one on - job's a good'un.

(today I was running my Princeton at 200v. The lowest setting available on my one is 230v, but it seemed happy enough. We can drop the voltage in that cabin from 230v to 200v just by turning the fan heater on. Poor old extension lead. Not best practice.)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    timmysoft;478426" said:
    Also check its a 240v model and not the EU 230v
    I'm pretty sure all the UK models are set to 230, you have to change them to 240 yourself.

I would imagine that EU models are exactly the same.

I didn't know the 68 CDR had a hardwired lead though, I thought all Fenders were kettle leads these days.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Ah yes - I seem to remember hearing that about the Hot Rod amps.
    edited January 2015
    It quite clearly says EU 230v and its a fixed lead - not kettle lead.
    Does anyone know specifically that there are UK models? In this day and age manufacturers try to have as few different models as possible.
    I'll see what DV247 say tomorrow.

PS - its one of the noisy ones as well.
    Sounds good from brief tryout. I'll decide if I can live with the noise.

edited January 2015
    *** DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME ***
    As I said, I stuck the Euro 2 pin plug into a UK socket because I couldn't wait to try the amp.
    Just read up on the advisability of this and it's a big NO NO.
    1) The amp is not earthed.
    2) Euro plugs are not fused.

I got away with it but won't be doing it again.

DV247 say UK spec amps are out of stock until end of March - not sure if the difference is just a lead or if they are also set  to 240V.
    For now, they will send me a fused adapter. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Faff;479065" said:
    *** DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME ***As I said, I stuck the Euro 2 pin plug into a UK socket Hu because I could wait to try the amp.Just read up on the advisability of this and it's a big NO NO.1) The amp is not earthed.2) Euro plugs are not fused.

I got away with it but won't be doing it again.

DV247 say UK spec amps are out of stock until end of March - not sure if the difference is just a lead or if they are also set  to 240V.For now, they will send me a fused adapter. 
    I hate campanies that do this. Big issue for me as lots of german internet store's sites have swiss front ends, plugs never work. :-(
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    The EU and UK versions are identical except for the plug.  We supply UK 3 pin plugs to UK dealers and the 2 pin EU plugs to the rest of Europe. 

This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thank very much for that info Matt.

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    It's handy having @MattFGBI as a forum resource!
    timmysoft said:
    It's handy having @MattFGBI as a forum resource!
    Yes it is. I found the generic Fender UK email address this morning and asked about these by email. Matt was quick off the mark replying to my email as well. 
    +1 to Matt