Two Rock Exo

shaunmshaunm Frets: 1597
I thought I'd throw up my review as there seems to be not a great amount of info on these amps on here.

At first I was disappointed by this amp, it seemed a little lifeless and cold. I preferred my other amps that I had owned and I though I'd made a bit of a mistake.

What has changed my mind with the amp is that I tried a different guitar (I was using my Epi Bonamassa I them tried my Epiphone Sheraton with BKP queens) with it, no pedals. I turned the amp up full and set the gain to three o'clock set everything else to 12 o'clock and used the volume and tone on the guitar to manipulate the amp.

At this point the amp really made sense, I could get a drive tone that is in the Larry Carlton/ Robben Ford ball park. The amp cleans up nicely using the guitars volume.

Pedals wise it seems to do well with drive pedals though it did take a bit of tweaking to get them to work with the drive tone. Simple boost pedals like the TC spark really add to the drive tone and make it break up just that little bit more getting me to a more Bonmasa type tone.

On the other hand I can't seem to get it to work that well with my fuzz face or my MXR 78. The drive on the amp seems to be the opposite of what you get with the 78 which means it sounds a little fizzy rather than a smooth tone.

Overall I'm now rather impressed with the amp, it's not particularly versatile, it seems a little picky with effects pedals but it's cleans and drive tones are fantastic so long as you run the amp quite hot and back the volume off for cleans. Shame it doesn't have reverb though.

Just my thoughts, I know that some people on here have other views on the amp but I'm suitably happy with it. Small, light and loud enough to gig.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thanks! I had my eye on them for a long time, but never had the guts to order one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7827
    Chuffed you're happy with it.  

Congrats

Marlin :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom