A 2015 mod a Harley Benton guitar challenge?

What's Hot

Comments

• longjawlongjaw Frets: 420
    Just bought a B-stock TE-20 Tele for £34 and 4 sets of 10 gauge strings for 74p a set! Be interested to see what the quality of both is like!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    longjaw said:
    Just bought a B-stock TE-20 Tele for £34 and 4 sets of 10 gauge strings for 74p a set! Be interested to see what the quality of both is like!
    I can never find B stock? Where the hell is it?????
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    longjaw said:
    They're mixed in with the rest of the items. Just do a general "electric guitars" type search of their products, and they'll show up.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    axisus said:
    longjaw said:
    @axisus

(you have not been charged for this service)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    @TTony any progress as to Thomann's emails?
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    Hertz32 said:
    No - have just chased them (again, again, again, again).
    Fair enough, hopefully they can backdate whatever it is they decide to offer. I've just stuck a huge ass order their way including cables, EQ pedal, pots, jack, and the B stock Harley Benton 7 string bass that @ToneControl has also got. Looking forward to this! :)
    'Awibble'
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11791
    Hertz32 said:
    Fair enough, hopefully they can backdate whatever it is they decide to offer. I've just stuck a huge ass order their way including cables, EQ pedal, pots, jack, and the B stock Harley Benton 7 string bass that @ToneControl has also got. Looking forward to this! :)
    I like mine. No intention of playing it as a bass really though. More like an electric Theorbo
    The black finger marks were some kind of string preservative oil I think - give it a wipe
    only problem so far is I think the top E string is a little close to being out of the coil's fields sometimes, depends what mix and EQ settings you use
    Took me a while to sus which control was which

Fair enough, I suspect I'm gonna use it as a bass/chapman stick like thing. I have my cort curbow for Slap, Epiphone EB for picking and now this for br00talz and tappy stuff.
    'Awibble'
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    TTony said:
    Hertz32 said:
    No - have just chased them (again, again, again, again).
    I think I'll just order mine - I'd like it to be here before half term so I have some time to work on it.  
    If they were even vageuly interested they would have replied quickly.  I'm not looking for a discount, just thinking it would have been nice to get FB recognition.
    John_P said:
    I think I'll just order mine - I'd like it to be here before half term so I have some time to work on it.  If they were even vageuly interested they would have replied quickly.  I'm not looking for a discount, just thinking it would have been nice to get FB recognition.

They are interested - we're discussing the form that the interest might take.

It's either a reasonable sum in voucher terms to spend with Thomann for "the winner" (which requires us to judge "a winner" from everyone taking part) or it's a slightly lesser sum for the winner, but a little discount on purchase price for all (probably via a discount code).

Hertz32 said:
    Fair enough, hopefully they can backdate whatever it is they decide to offer.

Don't think a discount would be back-dated - but don't forget to add a review of whatever you buy, and get your review vouchers.

You get 10Euros for a >100 words, or 5Euros for <100 words.  I managed 10Euros each for a review of a gig bag, and a case, and was tempted to try for the same for a review on a pack of strings ...

:D

• @TTony, either sounds good to me, but the latter would probably attract more people, and thus produce more publicity for them through the exposure of a greater number of models. Just my thoughts :) 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    @TTony,   thanks for the update - I hope that didn't read as me nagging - just eager to crack on :)
    I've used 2x10eur discounts I had with them already. One for a pack of DR strings, and the other for a single .080 D'addario string! Discount worth more than the products :D
    'Awibble'
    @TTony, either sounds good to me, but the latter would probably attract more people
    And benefit more people - which is why that's what I asked for!

Hertz32 said:
    I've used 2x10eur discounts I had with them already. One for a pack of DR strings, and the other for a single .080 D'addario string! Discount worth more than the products :D
    :D

So you got a 10Euro voucher for writing a >100 word review of a string???  Can't beat that ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Around 10% would bring the explorer below £100... surely I couldn't resist it then! :O
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547
    TTony said:

It's either a reasonable sum in voucher terms to spend with Thomann for "the winner" (which requires us to judge "a winner" from everyone taking part) or it's a slightly lesser sum for the winner, but a little discount on purchase price for all (probably via a discount code).

if there is a vote for a winner feel free to leave me out, leave it as a prize for the non-guitar builders!
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1073
    L450 Honeyburst & TE-80 NT are in country & should arrive tomorrow (if parcel farce don't stuff up) hope i'll get sometime over the weekend to swap out the pups on the L450 and take a  few break down pics while im at it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^That's extremely gracious, @WezV ^_^ Though, I must say, having looked at your build, I did wonder how I could possibly stand a chance! Still, I guess it's not the winning that necessarily matters...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Personally I don't think that it needs to be competitive and have a 'winner'. If I have a go it will be purely because I fancy the challenge.