Anyone good at PR?

What's Hot
GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
edited January 2015 in Live
A reporter for a local paper has just emailed asking for "some more information about you [sic.] band,

Maybe a few pictures and a few lines about your gig coming up at [such and such]"

I'm guessing either the venue has initiated it or whatever, I dunno.

Anyone got any ideas what to say to this fella?  We're a covers band; we play covers; in a pub.  What more is there to say?  Gotta be something I guess. 

Any ideas welcome and, as you've sussed, I don't have a job in PR.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Hey, that's a great opportunity you should make the most of! If nothing else it will help you get more bookings if you mention you've been in the papers!

I'd just tell them about when/how the band formed, what your influences are, what genre of music you cover, and maybe a little bit about each band member. Make it funny if you like and have something in there that people will remember you by!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27446
    What makes you different (make something up).

What do people say about you (ditto).

What do you want people to remember about you when they've read the article (that'll encourage them to come to a gig).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    do an x factor style sob story, " my fingers fell off, my dog left me and a eagle swooped down and stole my best gigging trousers, but because of my faith in ( insert deity/surgeon here ) everything will be alright . Especially if we get a decent crowd at the red lion this Friday.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Cheers.  I have a draft whereas before I didn't.  Awaiting band approval or otherwise!  :)
  • We are a band of travelling midgets tirelessly overcoming adversity. We may look like normal sized people but that's just because we're up close to the camera, its a trick of perspective.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Local rags often print crap, but if you're nice to them and give them unambiguous and accurate info they're unlikely to twist it. Be clear about what kind of music the punters can expect to hear you play. EG I once told a reporter that Strange Brew got its name because over 60% of our repertoire was either written or popularised by Eric Clapton. We got a hugely favourable write up in the local rag.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ~The very first iteration of our "press pack" said that our band was based on the story of Sciron a greek bandit who robbed people then forced travellers to wash his feet before kicking them off a cliff into the jaws of a man eating turtle.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ