Holiday suggestions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Drew_fx said:
    I'd rather go Rome or Venice or somewhere like that to be honest. Not all that beachy though! You can get package deals on lastminute.com for less than £500. Just keeping options open, but it's drawing near!
    Rome eh?

Go here: http://www.camping.it/english/lazio/romacamping/

Bare with me - it's a "camping" place, but not like you'd imagine. You book your own "porta-chalet" which is air conditioned and en-suite. The facilities are great (decent on site restaurant for pizza etc and a pool for relaxing)....

And it's a short bus and underground ride from the centre of Rome (about 15 mins)...

It's popular with back packers, but we've sent loads of people there (couples) who have all had a great time. It's very cheap, very clean and a great, inexpensive way to go to Rome. Plus the history in Rome is the shizz. So much awesome stuff to see.

Or Barca if you can afford it. Awesome City.

Don't bother with Venice. It's ok, but very over priced and average. Florence is much nicer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3584
    Yea I'd agree with Jons suggestion. Did Normandy last summer. Pretty towns like Caen. The little port of Honfleur is a delight and then right across the invasion beaches (nice and flat for cycling).
    Bayeux, St Mere Eglise, Carentan. The local market days are fabulous. Caen is ancient and modern all at the same time. The beach and museum at Arramaches will be enough for both of you for a day out.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2013
    stickyfiddle said: Iceland is awesome, and has beaches. Does that count?

Unbelievably expensive but so worth it. Coolest place I've ever been (temperature
    and scenery-wise). Probably not a practical suggestion in this instance but seriously, anyone reading this - if you ever get a chance to go, you MUST do it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26942
    Venice is awesome if you go out of season and know where to eat. The locals avoid the posh restaurants around St Mark's for good reason, and get great food for cheap as a result. There's a tiny little place on Sant'Erasmo that does the best fish I've ever had.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • How about Paris? All the Parisians leave in August so it's fairly quiet.

Plenty to do and you can leave Mrs Mentum on the beach
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    Drew_fx said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Where does she want to go ?
    She doesn't know.
    Mystery tour ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Been speaking to her just; she wants to go to Barcelona it looks like!!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    A fine choice!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72293
    edited August 2013
    Good choice. I'd like to go too... it's on the list of possibles for next year.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    I haven't been in years, think I might try to squeeze in a few days there this autumn. Lovely city. 
  • Yes Barcelona has the lot - beach, mountains, Gaudi, Las Ramblas..