is this real? Martin buffs

What's Hot
Seems good to me - and Id thought non the worse of it ...... until Lew made a comment on another post (in guitars).  Now Im doubting myself (shame on me).

Martin 00028.  Serial number dates it from 2008, and it all seems good to me - however I dont know much - if anything about acoustics sooo:

does it seem OK - it is an EBay job so you can never be sure.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    I'm not an expert but nothing shouts fake to me. Looks lovely!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Genuine unless the fakers have achieved an unheard-of level of accuracy.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15477
    if it is a fake, it's a very good quality one. Looks really clean and tidy inside, not like a cheapo guitar at all.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5619
    Clearly a fake - I'll relieve you of it for £500.  :P
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Yeah man, it's real. I've got a 2009 D28 (same series just the dreadnought body not the 000 sized body) and it looks almost identical.

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    I have a D28 and an OM28v...this 00028 looks great, and as real as it could get.

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I've never seen those machine heads on an 00028 - other than that not a flicker of question
    edited January 2015
    Every recent 000-28 I've seen has those Grovers - there's not a smidgeon of doubt that this guitar is what it purports to be.
    To the OP: you need to re-string the guitar - the strings are on the wrong side of the tuners.
    Are you just showing off your sweet guitar? ;)
    I'd imagine that's a fair amount of dosh to be laying out on an acoustic.

Brize said:
    To the OP: you need to re-string the guitar - the strings are on the wrong side of the tuners.
    Maybe he's a lefty?

;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorted on ebay. Couldn't afford the starting price, as my absolute limit was the 1070 I'd agreed with the wife for a 00016gt.

The seller wouldn't end auction, which I emphasised I wouldn't expect, bathe got no takers. Phoned mW and we chatted for some time.

He offered to drive up from Plymouth to me nottingham so I could check guitar out, pay cash to eliminate possibilit of guitar not arriving or being damaged in transit. He's 67 and retired so had no issue withbthis (his idea).

Price is 1100 delivered, which I think is stunning. Delivery to be when he can get up later this week.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    That's nice of him to do that, although to be fair he does get £1100 half way through the round trip :)

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    Yes, very good of him, so no pressure for you to like the guitar then!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    @paulmapp8306 I was genuinely just having a lark. Sorry to have caused any bother. It wasn't my intention. Guitar looks great.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Brize said:
    And because it looks like it has Elixirs on :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

The guitar looks fine, its the rug that looks suspect. I don't think that's Persian !

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lew said:
    @paulmapp8306 I was genuinely just having a lark. Sorry to have caused any bother. It wasn't my intention. Guitar looks great.
    Its fine Lew - I knew you were joking but its not actually something id considered, and maybe I should have regardless of the feeling for the seller and the pics.  It all looked too neat for a fake - but you never know I guess.  There are people here very savvy with how ser numbers look - font and size etc - so it didnt hurt to get some feedback.

• Looks beautiful. I love the 000 models. I have the 16 you spoke of and I absolutely love it.