macbook air - audio i/o?

What's Hot
I've got a mb air incoming,  mainly to use to work and net browsing, but it might be nice to have the option for jotting down ideas.  They don't look to have a lot of options compared to the mb pro (no firewire etc) so I just wondered if anyone had hooked up an external card for recording.

I assume I'd make the switch from cubase to logic (or protools).   
(I think I have a freebie cutdown cubase that came with the thr amp but I need to check how mac compatible that is).

I've got a nice pc setup - (probably well outdated but it works so I haven't upgraded for a while) so I don't need tons of ins and outs - just a mac friendly i/o box if anyone has any recommendations.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No firewire on a Pro either. Only USB3 and Thunderbolt. That said, there are tonnes of interfaces that work with those. I don't have experience of any beyond the Apogee Jam though, so can't comment in detail
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Apogee ONE ftw !!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Focusrite Scarlett Solo is cheaper and comes with free software to get you started. 

Works really well for me.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Thanks chaps,  
    I've only used mac's for recording in other peoples studios and I was sure I'd read reports that some usb cards aren't so good with them.  I'll have a look for something cute.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom