Yamaha HS7 monitors

What's Hot

I've managed to borrow a pair of HS7 monitors to try out for a few weeks..

surprisingly, they are blowing away my trusty KRK V6 mk1 monitors..

the seem to go lower, higher and have better clarity..

play every note as if it were your first
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I've got a pair of the little hs5's that pair up with my huge old tannoy's - no bass like the 7's probably have but I like the detail in the mids.  Nice monitors and the white centre is cool ;-)
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261

interestingly... my KRK V6 cabs are slightly larger than the HS7's [same depth / height but the V6 are a little wider]..

but the HS7's have deeper and more focused low end...

also, I think some of the low end clarity may be because the HS7 ports are to the rear.. whereas the KRK port is a slot at the front.. when I compared the m side by side it was only then that I noticed something I hadn't noticed before.. that was the turbulence coming from the KRK's port... I'd never noticed it before.. mental...

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I have a set of HS7s which I'm very pleased with.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!

the other thing  forgot to mention is that the HS7 tweeters are quite strong.. especially for near-field [I'm less than 2m from each monitor..

but they do have a switch on the back that allows you to knock off -2dB.. this worked perfectly for me..

given how little these things cost [compared to a new pair of KRK VXT6 - which is I guess the latest equivalent to my V6], the are irritatingly good..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    I have a set of HS7s which I'm very pleased with.
    now I've messed with them for a day.. I'm not surprised you're pleased with them at all
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Yep...HS7 here too...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    Hs5, which for me are brilliant. Very clear and balanced, tbh I find them fine with bass and I love bass too. Also they are v good for listening to hi red commercial,audio purchases (I'm thinking the audiophile master of hesitation marks by nine inch nails in particular, sounds awesome)
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited February 2015
    Clarky;506099" said:
    the other thing  forgot to mention is that the HS7 tweeters are quite strong.. especially for near-field [I'm less than 2m from each monitor..but they do have a switch on the back that allows you to knock off -2dB.. this worked perfectly for me..given how little these things cost [compared to a new pair of KRK VXT6 - which is I guess the latest equivalent to my V6], the are irritatingly good..
    This is why I sold my HS8s, even at -2 they were too bright. The 7s seem better balanced but I just never could get the 8s to work for me long term as I just ended up making dull sounding mixes. In the same price bracket I've had KRK G2 5 and 6 inches and they've got the opposite problem to some extent but I preferred that sound. Drew just got some Focal Alphas and he was really liking them.

Monitor choice is really personal and also room specific, placement and treatment makes a big difference too. You've really got to try something for a while to see if it will work.
    I know what you mean.. I'll be trying these for a few weeks..
    the proof will be when I eventually get to doing a mix with them.. which I hope will be pretty soon..