Someone Always Thought Of It First!

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5845

I found this the other day and it was like looking at a vision of what was to come if you were transported back to 1975.

I know Synthesized music was well under way in the 1970's but it's his standing up with the synth on a strap like a Geeeetar that makes it look like something you would more associate with the 1980's.

My knowledge of Edgar Winter is near non existent and I only know he had a brother called Johnny.

Good though, Innit?

Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Johnny still tours and is hailed as one of the best blues acts out there by some people.  He comes through here every two years or so and plays at the biggest bar in the area.  I think it was in the early 80's that he convinced Muddy Waters to do an album and he produced and appeared on it.  Edgar was in Johnnys band way back in the early 70's but split to persue his progressive jazz/pop thing.  Also check out "Freeride".  "Frankenstien" was a juke box staple in every bar around here when it came out.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Love Frankenstein! Edgar played sax on "All Revved Up" by Meat Loaf.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom