Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How good are isibyasi to buy from?

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30826
The prices are awesome...what's the tax uplift on arrival? Are the good? Knowledgable ?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    Ishibashi? good prices but allow 23% VAT and duty on arrival and a hefty postage fee. Stuff is great quality in my experience (bought two Jap Teles there) and well packed. Not sure you'll get the knowledge you might get at Coda. Depends how involved the question is

• They are great to deal with. I've bought two guitars from them - a Fender Japan Micawber Telecaster and a Fender Japan Albert Collins. Both fantastic guitars. Ishibashi have an international sales person whp is very helpful, very responsive and has excellent English - very easy to deal wiith. Both of mine were used through their UBox. They ship quickly and I think the guitars generally reach the UK in about 5 days. Well packed. The tax uplift was around 23% on the price and the shipping cost plus a handling fee for Royal Mail. In total about GBP 650 to 700 each I think. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
  • its the first place I look if I want a guitar.

I cant fault them at all
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    edited February 2015
    This just reminded me that they never responded to my emails when I had acute jaguar gas a couple of months ago.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12646
    The best.
    End of.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    You're not thinking of sneaking a basswood 57 RI Japanese Strat with EMGs into the country are you?  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Skarloey said:
    You're not thinking of sneaking a basswood 57 RI Japanese Strat with EMGs into the country are you?  ;)

Yup

Can u squeeze a little discount?

• They didn't do any discount on the two used Teles that I bought, but they may do something on new stuff.
  • Bomber133 said:
    They didn't do any discount on the two used Teles that I bought, but they may do something on new stuff.
    they have always given me discount. 

Hiroaki-san is the fucking man!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Gassage said:
    The prices are awesome...what's the tax uplift on arrival? Are the good? Knowledgable ?
    I just emailed them to order a guitar. Will let you know how it goes.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Link please I have had jap gas for a while now ....
  • I should never have looked...

What I do like is that all the guitar come 'with benefits' - that's got to be good surely?

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2015
    Hmmmm

So this is £282 + c. £90 shipping + 23% £457 landed. It's also the ST57-66DMC which is nitro finished (I think!)

http://translate.google.co.jp/translate?hl=ja&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/&sandbox=1

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UK sales tax is upto 23%???
  • UK sales tax is upto 23%???
    Should also add that Ishibashi take off the Japanese sales tax.
  • @Gassage do you know if shipping is flat rate or per item?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • @Teetonetal ....are the prices listed on their website including Japanese sales tax?
  • @Teetonetal ....are the prices listed on their website including Japanese sales tax?
    I think they are but they will remove that for you and they usually add an extra sweetener. 

shipping is 18000 yen I think. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom