Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

John Mayer plays a pink Jackson

What's Hot

Comments

• Wasn't there talk of new John Mayer Trio stuff being recorded recently?

Their set on the "Where the Light Is" pretty much allows me to forgive a lot of the other stuff about that guy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384

Telling you- if he was older, uglier and more obscure and played more old-bloke-friendly blooze fretwank and less pop music he'd be...shit, he'd be Joe Bonamassa. Who's the same age, incidentally.

I actually rate Mayer above Bonamassa these days. Maybe not for the twiddley stuff, but i think he's got more feel. 

(Currently uploading the Abbey Road sessions to you tube, will post a link when done as I couldn't find one on there already)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Si_ said:

Telling you- if he was older, uglier and more obscure and played more old-bloke-friendly blooze fretwank and less pop music he'd be...shit, he'd be Joe Bonamassa. Who's the same age, incidentally.

I actually rate Mayer above Bonamassa these days. Maybe not for the twiddley stuff, but i think he's got more feel. 

(Currently uploading the Abbey Road sessions to you tube, will post a link when done as I couldn't find one on there already)
    Nice one. I'm sure it used to be on there, but I couldn't find it either just now.
  • Wasn't there talk of new John Mayer Trio stuff being recorded recently?

Their set on the "Where the Light Is" pretty much allows me to forgive a lot of the other stuff about that guy.

Totally agree, superb stuff. I too remember talk of a second Trio album..really hope it happens.

Si_ said:

Nice one. I'm sure it used to be on there, but I couldn't find it either just now.
    I've got them all on a Drive.. the Gilmour and Iron Maiden ones are really good (As is Damien Rice if that's your thing)
  • Totally all my thing @Si_

(cough) dropbox? (cough)

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Y'know what... as someone who detests John Mayer stuff and isn't a massive fanboy of the ginger one... that video actually was quite good. You can see why he's using that guitar for that song (loads of trem stuff) and he's using blues licks in a modern(ish) way through that. I approve.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• LevLev Frets: 228
    For me this is Mayer's best performance as a 'guest guitarist'. You can see how much Russell is loving what he plays.

Here is his performance from the Live at Abbey Road sessions.. It's a younger Mayer, but shows how good he is.. his tone on this is just fantastic IMHO.

• Lev said:
    For me this is Mayer's best performance as a 'guest guitarist'. You can see how much Russell is loving what he plays.

Nice work.
    Si_ said:
    Here is his performance from the Live at Abbey Road sessions.. It's a younger Mayer, but shows how good he is.. his tone on this is just fantastic IMHO.

Blocked. Already. Daaamn.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Si_;516336" said:
    not_the_dj said:

Si_ said:

english_bob said:

I've got them all on a Drive.. the Gilmour and Iron Maiden ones are really good (As is Damien Rice if that's your thing)
    Really rate Damien Rice as one of my favorite song writers, very talented guy.

edited February 2015
    Woah, they blocked that quick.. Ill see if I can get them on Dropbox instead.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    I rate Mayer as a player and a musician, don't necessarily like all of his music but as a person - he comes across as a 1st class arse - I've seen one of his DVD's where the off stage footage revolves around him driving his Merc in Beverly Hills with a "toy poodle" under his arm....and I'm not criticising "road safety" here!
  • is Sheeran that f*cker that murdered Floyd at the Olympics ?

• Awesome...downloading now. Thanks @Si_
    Let me know what you (and anyone else) thinks..
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    He seems to have picked the least John Mayer type guitar ever haha

Good song that, I'm a fan of them both, and happy see them sharing stage.  Pink Jackson sales just went up
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    edited February 2015
    Si_ said:
    Let me know what you (and anyone else) thinks..
    Always been a big fan, and loved the Abbey Rd sessions. His tone is brilliant, and I just love Belief on there. If I remember correctly, doesn't he stop a song cos he's got the wrong pickup selected?!
  • Big Mayer fan, not sure on the Jackson, but he makes it sound brilliant! Making me reconsider active pickups! Not the pink though.