Steve Stevens Knaggs Signature Model

What's Hot
$6250!!!!! WTF?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There's a global sparkles shortage, driving up the cost of sparkly pinky-purply finishes.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a global sparkles shortage, driving up the cost of sparkly pinky-purply finishes.

It certainly seems so. I would have liked one but not at this price. You could probably get a custom built guitar for that money.
  • Why can't they get an endorsee who's tone is something special, rather than 'generic rock'?

Landing Mike Campbell, who always has the perfect sound for the song is something that (AFAIK) no American maker has managed.

Someone like him would probably attract a diverse range of players towards the brand.
  • That's quite a hefty price for the guitar. Its nice, but for me, not that nice......however, Red Sparkle did you say?....!!

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5402
    $6250 is RRP. MAP is closer to $4900 and you could probably get an even better deal than that if ebay is to be believed (I notice dealers have it listed for preorder with an 'or best offer' option).
  • The demo sound in that vid is terrible
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The demo sound in that vid is terrible
    I was thinking exactly that as I watched it. Makes it sound bad and looks like a not comfortable guitar to play.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    Knaggs guitars always look a bit awkward. 

Also they use terms like "Investment grade" which make me gag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    monquixote;514563" said:

I love their guitars a lot but I agree with this. There's pretty much no such thing.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    monquixote;514563" said:

I love their guitars a lot but I agree with this. There's pretty much no such thing.
    I wouldn't mind if it were true, but the ones that have come up on here have gone for a fraction of the new value. 
  • Why can't they get an endorsee who's tone is something special, rather than 'generic rock'?

Landing Mike Campbell, who always has the perfect sound for the song is something that (AFAIK) no American maker has managed.

Someone like him would probably attract a diverse range of players towards the brand.
    Steve Stevens does have a pretty unique tone, plus he has the image too (lots of leather)!  He has one of the most recognisable styles around IMO.  He has a Friedman signature amp too so he is obviously more than "generic rock".  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Why can't they get an endorsee who's tone is something special, rather than 'generic rock'?

I think that Steve does have a lot of draw for tone - especially amonst other players

however I do agree with you over the Heartbreakers Mike Campbell and would add Bryan Adams' lead player Keith Scott to that shortlist of tasteful players.
    there are certain players who have immense talent and taste who were criminally overlooked by companies whose product that they used for years.
    I can't believe that Gibson never saw fit to do a Michael Schenker Flying V when he must have sold more Vs for them than almost any artist.

I would also add Y&T's Dave Meniketti to the list of players who never got offered a bite of the cherry as far as endorsements go in his 40 year career but whose playing warranted it:

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Mike Campbell has his Korean Duesenbergs to comfort him. He's not a player you'd associate with a particular guitar, though. He's always been promiscuous in that sense :)

Keith Scott had a Gretsch sig for many years.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    5k for a solid body?? Oh dear, also it's the market and the buying public who determine what an investment will be not some silly company owner.
  • Steve Stevens is well cool. I was in the Hard Rock Cafe in Banglore a few years ago and one of his guitars is in there! I was very excited! People who I was with hadn't heard of him until I explained he was the guy who played the Top Gun theme...
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.

mrchi said:
    5k for a solid body?? Oh dear, also it's the market and the buying public who determine what an investment will be not some silly company owner.
    His Knaggs signature model from last year managed to sell out, so someone's buying 'em!