Gibson dating etc.

What's Hot
Do Gibson now put on date ie 2009 on back of head stocks now? Was looking at a Flying V, serial is very faint, but you can see Made in USA and 2009 stamped on back.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    The thread name mislead me into thinking other people shared my strange sexual preference.... Seems I was mistaken and still alone.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited February 2015
    Instead of Tinder, it could be called Timber I guess?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've already had a Les Paul Deluxe for nearly 20 years, so is there any discreet dating for Gibsons?
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I found this for a diffferent thread. does it help?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    My Les Paul has "Made in USA" and "2010" stamped on the back of the headstock if that is any help
    :)
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • Yes @koneguitarist they do!

I noticed this myself yesterday in fact. I was playing a LP Traditional in a store and I thought by the quality of the fit and finish (so, not so good) it must have been a recent one... Was just looking for the price tag on it and then saw that it had 2014 stamped on the back of the headstock and no Min-e-Tune.

If that guitar had a 60s neck and the pickups didn't seem so volatile and trebly and twangy I would've probably considered buying it. Shame. It still looked beautiful.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Oh and the 12th fret inlay proclaimed the 120th anniversary of Gibson :)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7773
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Shake your love!
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Not sure how up to date it is but here's the info on Gibson's dating

http://wdw.famousfix.com/p1711/mel-gibson/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2015
    I'm looking for a Les Paul Custom for companionship, maybe more. Need to know weight in advance.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    edited February 2015
    Bucket;515945" said:
    I'm looking for a Les Paul Custom for companionship, maybe more. Need to know weight in advance.
    Feeder or chubby chaser?