Cheap B5 style tremolo. Any experiences?

I'm thinking about adding a tremolo to my Charvel Skatecaster.  Does any one have any experience with these cheap knock off tremolos? How well do they keep in tune etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Yeah, I've used them a few times and they are fine. No difference tuning-wise compared to the real thing.

The only real differences are that they are a bit heavier - but nothing drastic - and the springs can be a bit too long (depending on your view on such things) but a spring for a Bigsby is cheap, so no big deal.

One advantage is that the sprockets (if that is the right name) the strings attach too are slightly bigger than on a Bigsby, which is a good thing as the strings don't fall off 20 times while you are trying to fit them. Probably the choice comes down to whether you mind shiny chrome :)

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    They work very well. I scuffed mine up a bit with an abrasive wheel in a drill, it looked a lot better. They're chrome over copper plate onto brass, very cool but quite heavy, which was perfect for me as I was bunging it on a neck-heavy Epi SG.
  • Thanks guys, I think I'll pick one of these up.