I tried a guitar and I liked it..EDIT.....and got it!!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Congrates KK, the EG1 looks like my kind of PRS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • At this rate, should they not be offering you your own signature model?  On your big picture, although all lovely, the one third from left is stunning.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited October 2013
    Thanks @dindude and you'll see it someday in the near future.

It was a real rollercoaster of a week and this car business really left me thinking that I was not only going to lose my own PRS, but the chance to get the EG-1 too. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Glad it worked out, and yes, I see the need for a SE Gearfest coming on.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    dindude said:
    Glad it worked out, and yes, I see the need for a SE Gearfest coming on.......
    Indeed!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    edited October 2013
    @dindude and @Bucket..well, @Fez, @McToot and myself were discussing something on a slightly bigger scale, like an all-day event culminating in an evening jam session, but we've struck out on venues and thought we'd leave it to next year to explore again. However, if the interest for a GF is there, no reason why we can't get something simple together before the end of the year at the usual venue, or somewhere bigger to accommodate numbers.

Cheers :)
    At this rate, should they not be offering you your own signature model?  On your big picture, although all lovely, the one third from left is stunning.
    that would be the Johnny Hiland. That too belonged to my mate who I've just done the deal with.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Ooh the Johnny Hiland is the only PRS I truly covet, well that and a 513 and maybe the swamp ash special. Bugger I can't afford any at present.

Lovely GAS though and awesome collection dude.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Well done, it's good to have friends, it's even better to have guitars, and to have both is a blessing.  :)

BTW how would you describe the Johnny Hiland, I saw an ad some time back and wondered what was different about them?

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Nice work -  sorry to see you've parted with the custom but  that eg does look great!   If you ever decide to part with it let me know :)
    edited October 2013
    @John_P - thanks and noted :)

@johnnyurq - thanks but I only owned one of those guitars in that collective and I still own one, be it a different one. On a different note, I hope all's as well as it can be on the home front and once again, our thoughts are with you and your family.

@ChrisMusic - I only played it the once but that too had a fair amount of spank and one of the settings was more Tele than Strat. It could also do the rock stuff really well, and that too was a great and versatile guitar. I believe the fret markers were quite large - requested by Johnny Hiland as he's registered blind

Thanks everyone for your kind comments :)
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    That's a decent deal. Better than anything new at 700 by a mile.
    Indeed @Evilmags - cheers
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Thanks very much for your kind thoughts@kebabkid we are as well as can be expected and it still seems not real and numbing plus we are still awaiting test results so we can proceed with the service etc.

Using here as a diversionary tactic if I am honest.

I played a Johnny Hiland and loved it so it is on the long term GAS list, missed out on a couple too.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    Just found this from the PRS Studio thread - nice guitars these.  I've had two in the past - my favourite of which was the one with the domino pickups, but they're very versatile.

The only thing you've got to watch out for is the neck joints.  Rumour has it, PRS routed them so tightly that they had to really press the necks into the body, and lots now have lacquer cracks and stress marks around the neckplate.

Anyway, here are my old ones:

And my old EG4:

edited April 2014
    @Dodge - really nice those. Your second one is like my one and I had a lot of difficulty trying to identify what it was. My mate who I bought it off thought it was an EG1 and even PRS weren't sure at first but have since told me it's an EGII.

PRS with Fralin Domino p/ups is very nice and I just spied this on EB
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRS-EG-3-Electric-Guitar-Domino-Pickups-1990s-Model-Discontinued-/171242673114?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item27dedbd3da

My neck pocket looks ok, no cracks etc
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    edited April 2014
    Kebabkid said:
    @Dodge - really nice those. Your second one is like my one and I had a lot of difficulty trying to identify what it was. My mate who I bought it off thought it was an EG1 and even PRS weren't sure at first but have since told me it's an EGII.

PRS with Fralin Domino p/ups is very nice and I just spied this on EB
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRS-EG-3-Electric-Guitar-Domino-Pickups-1990s-Model-Discontinued-/171242673114?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item27dedbd3da

My neck pocket looks ok, no cracks etc
    Cheers KK.  The one on Ebay is pretty pricey considering the repair - it's been on there a while too.  They do sound excellent though, I wished I kept mine.  I ought to track it down really...