Cambridge Jam

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10690
edited February 2018 in Live

Great to see @bigjon and @mike_l at tonight's jam, you both played wonderfully, I especially enjoyed Comfortably Numb! And thanks BJ for filming this! I can't actually identify the song until the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCXQXksXx7g

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    edited October 2013
    There's more footage of viz, doncha know!
    and

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited October 2013

@Viz Hendrix and @BigJon Gilmour in action

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• vizviz Frets: 10690
    @bigjon I might have to ask you to take that first one down mate!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    @bigjon I might have to ask you to take that first one down mate!

Why, your playing is awesomes.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Thank you my good man, you are kind, but I just can't play Hendrix very well - it's either the wrong speed, the wrong rhythm or something. The first one's all right because it's just a bit of silly nonsense between Paul McC and me, but the two clips on BJ's post are really cringeworthy :(

I doubt Hendrix would have played them the same way twice......

And they went down well last night

Besides when we did Watchtower and Hey Joe the other week they went down pretty well

That's true - Watchtower especially suits my style of noodlin'. Anyway, roll on next jam!

I'm aiming to get to next monday's jam a doodle.

And, I did wear the forum t-shirt, but, alas no photos of a balding twat were taken

I took one but it was "dark, too dark to see". I'll see if I can enhance it.
    viz said:
    I took one but it was "dark, too dark to see". I'll see if I can enhance it.
    Any chance you can make me look slim???
    :(

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Comfortably numb?

Always constant. Accurate. Intense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom