Daughter's NGD!

What's Hot
Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3019
edited February 2015 in Acoustics
My 8 year old has been having guitar lessons at school for the past year. I thought she should get her own as mine are all a bit big for her. So we went to the local music shop and I was sort of expecting to get a reasonably cheap nylon strung beginners guitar. Ended up with a Baby Taylor :) Must. Keep. My. Mitts. Off. It!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/flanging_fred/Music/my guitars/1E88DA9F-CE74-4B8B-8EA3-653C95D2F410_zpsvfy9643q.jpg
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Hahaha!

Brilliant. I like the cut of your jib.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • approved

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• GAS fiend logic

1. Get a shitty guitar for a beginner and it's harder to play.
    2. Get a shitty guitar for a beginner and IF she packs it in then it has no resale value and I'm not going to want to play it either. It just gets junked.
    3. Get a decent guitar (S/H btw) and if she doesn't take to it, I'll 'ave it or sell it at not much of a loss.

Perfectly sound logic I think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lucky girl :) Lucky Dad :)
  • I've got a Baby Taylor Mahogany *cough* for my 5 year old. 

It's lovely.

She's never touched it.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Absolutely the right thing to do.

Although surely one should invest at birth? You can of course "look after it" for the baby, until s/he "grows into it".
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    That's brilliant! My little girl is going to turn 5 later in the year - she's definitely going to need a full stack and a Les Paul 'junior' isn't she? Please tell me I need to go out and buy that!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonka said:
    That's brilliant! My little girl is going to turn 5 later in the year - she's definitely going to need a full stack and a Les Paul 'junior' isn't she? Please tell me I need to go out and buy that!
    Yep, time to buy for you.

Amp-wise I'm thinking a Tiny Terror would be most appropriate for my 5 year old.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    love it!!! 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Excuses. Excuses!
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Fantastic, what a great guitar to learn on, I had a shocking B&M Spanish which I had to learn on, if only we had the quality and choice back in the mid 90s, I hope she sticks with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    That is a great guitar for a beginner. My own 'hog baby Tayler stays perfectly in tune even when not touched for weeks, plays like an electric and sounds decent. I wish I had that when I was learning.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    Sweet :D Good logic too :D
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Martin LX1E for my *cough* one year old.