All trussed up?

What's Hot
Just had to tweak the truss rod on several of my guitars, two Strats and A PRS SE SC, all three had flattened somewhat - about a third of a turn on each.

This is really unusual for me, I've rarely had to tweak a truss rod on a guitar once set up initially, perhaps one of the family per year.  Is this the long humid period we're having I wonder...

Any one else have this experience?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Actually yes, my main guitar (pretty much the only one I play these days), I picked it up a few days ago and the frets were rattling on the fretboard. Most unusual. I tweaked it back to normal.

Very rare.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    axisus said:
    Actually yes, my main guitar (pretty much the only one I play these days), I picked it up a few days ago and the frets were rattling on the fretboard. Most unusual. I tweaked it back to normal.

Very rare.
    MMM... I guess you mean strings rattling, otherwise that would be most unusual indeed!  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    All of mine started rattling when we had the hot weather a few weeks ago, when it cooled down a bit the rattling mostly stopped.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• NervousJohnNervousJohn Frets: 191
    edited October 2013
    My Rickenbacker started to string buzz at the second fret the other day. Probably a change in humidity. Started adjusting it the afternoon but can't find a 1/4" nut driver, and 7mm is just too big :(
  • The central heating has been switched on then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    I don't understand when people say they never tweak their truss rods.
    Either people have guitars they defy the laws of physics or they don't care much about the setup.

Mine get tweaked every few months, with the change of seasons mostly.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31519
    octatonic said:
    Either people have guitars they defy the laws of physics or they don't care much about the setup.

So do mine mostly, but I do have a 1981 Tele neck which I've never adjusted since new. I'm very picky about setup, and like a low, buzz-free action, and this one is still great.

I've done countless studio sessions with it, two 80-date European tours and a few hundred gigs in the UK.
    It's semi-retired now, but I dug it out last Friday and it's still very, very good.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13567
    octatonic said:

only very rarely, usually once they're done, they're done  -   we have a de-humidifier on pretty much constantly so the air is fairly well regulated

and TBH  season changes in the UK do bugger all usually  - its wet all year round   
    :)

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.