Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's your current squeeze?

What's Hot

Comments

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    dindude said:
    Strat is still number one, but this is getting most use at the moment.

Love this too 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    @Paul_C what bass is that? Its gorgeous! :)

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • @Bucket That's the same model of SG Jr (or VS6mrpcr) as the one I'm hopelessly addicted to isn't it?
    http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b625/stimpsonslostson/Mobile Uploads/25E054DB-033C-4596-BD56-9ECA74B3E837_zps8iwlkbbm.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7778

Hertz32 said:
    @Paul_C what bass is that? Its gorgeous! :)

Self-built, with a Musicman Bongo pickup and John East preamp. It weighs next to nothing (7.5lbs) and has been my main bass for quite a few years now (the only other one I have is another one I built)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428

I was playing this rig today, after only this morning trading away the Sound City for a NAD later this week.  Now of course wondering why I'm not keeping it.   Great amp, really punchy and dynamic, clean but takes pedals really well  ... dare I say 50 watt Hiwatt in tone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't put my les paul signature t down at the moment. J have had maybe 3 wow moments with guitars. First was my 95 strat plus. Second was my master built strat and now this sig t. I have gone through a lot of guitars and know when i come across a good one as the others tend to be sold ie my prs, ny eric clapton strat. I am tempted to sell my dg335 as it's not given me that wow feeling
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    bandmaster188;522157" said:
    There's a lot of love going on with this little rig at the moment! http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/bandmaster188/image.jpg1_zps2u6lnf0b.jpg
    Talk me through it

• bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 391
    edited February 2015
    @Loobs not loads to say really.
    335 open E tuning into blues jnr with a bit of drive courtesy of the sparkle drive and a splash of delay via Mr Echo= southern swampy blues.
    335's are great for slide by the way!
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    At the moment everything is getting compared to the Fano and then put back down to let this contraption get plugged back in!!

imageimageimage
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    It'd be even better with a Kahler and humbuckers
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1286
    edited February 2015
    This:

img upload

Love it and hate it, cuz I'm always gassing for another guitar and always end up with...another axis:)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    edited February 2015
    imageth

this - I like the Green.  Positives:  

nice neck - chunkyish but not extreme
    v stable tuning straight out of the box, even with whammy bar use
    v light

very middy tone which is fantastic when through an overdriven amp

negatives: - the clean tone is very middy and sounds...unusual. I need to work on getting cleans that I like as much as the driven tone. 

@nomad - what do you think about the cleans?

overall - not a one trick pony at all and worth considering, as long as it isn't in red
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    edited February 2015
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    edited February 2015

• carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    My custom prototype-ish guitar. Still want to have it refretted one day as it could definitely be better. On the plus side it weighs nothing even w/ the walnut top, it sits in just the right position when playing, some really useful sounds from it (Benedetto A-6 in bridge tappable, Texas Special tele neck). The fretboard is nearly flat, maybe 20" radius or thereabouts which suits me fine. Action, due to fretwork being not 100% okay could be lower though. It's also the best guitar I've ever had keeping in tune. Some fretboarders hate how it looks but that's their problem not mine!
  • I dont really have a favorite.  I kind of force myself to pick a different guitar up each time I play - even swoping during practice if a song/track needs something different.  Each of my guitars sound different, and make me play in a different way.

My Tokai ES130 gets least use, and I do have to force myself to pick it up at times - but enjoy it when I do.  Its more that I dont play too much that a Semi suits than the guitar.  My Tele also gets less play by default, but again It has its own style and I dont play too often in that vein.

That leaves my Select Strat, PRS CU22 with BK Mules and a Suhr Modern with Floyd.  I love each as much as the other, but obviousl each has its strengths.

The curve ball, and if I was being pushed would be nominated as my current fav - is a PRS CE that wasnt getting any use since the purchase of the Suhr -  so I put HB sized P90s in curtacy of Cats Whiskers.  It is now the one guitar I kind of go for for almost any style (unless I really need the Floyd or the cut of an Ash bodied Tele).  It seem to do everything else.  
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    Gassage said:
    I love the notion of the P90 in the neck. I was musing the other day how much I like a hotter pup in the neck on a tele.
    A HB or P90 in the neck is a must on a Tele. I've decided to keep mine coz it's awesome!

Been playing this recently. Chavels are exceedingly good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    @georgenadaintl reminds me of a .Strandberg* :) i like it a lot.

My current squeeze is my *frankly mad* Agile Septor. Stupid instrument, but it just feels so right.. GASing for a 9 string sister guitar too!

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/septorelt830ebemgobflm5.jpg
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OK, here's the first decent photo of my new baby that wasn't taken by Jaden at his workshop:

Admittedly it's got my ugly mug in it, but that's a live shot from Friday night's gig in Milton Keynes...so it is what it is.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11593
    tFB Trader
    Although loving the superstrats again of late I am feeling some Les paul type love today
    Think this evening will be spent with these babies

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!