Anti-Mythical Guitars...millions around, no=one buys one....

What's Hot
NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
Everyone knows the Mythical stuff...from top end: 1954-58 Strat, 1958-60 LP's, to modern classics: Pre-factory PRS, Protone Squiers etc. Generally a few available and plenty of evidence that people have bought them, 

But...

By my rough estimation there must be over 126 MILLION Epiphone Zakk Wylde LP Customs about across the several different colour schemes....not including fakes. It's always advertised in mags and online and seems to be a core Epiphone product yet I have never met anyone either on a forum or "real life" who has bought one/plays one.

What other stuff have you always seen advertised/in shops but never seen anyone play? 
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I played one of the ZW LP's, it was shit.

Incidentally, I have and won't sell an mid 90's ESP Grass Roots kirk Hammett, other than in the shop I bought it in, I've only ever seen one for sale S/H, at Coda, it didn't last long. However, other than myself, I've never spoken to anyone who has one, or seen one played anywhere.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I played a zakk wylde epi with replaced emgs and it was one of the best guitars I'd played.

This one was all maple neck, mahogany body, maple cap. Nice.

You won't believe it, but I've never once seen a Jackson dinky...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    edited October 2013
    I had a Hammer grassroots too, cool gtr for what it was but mine was a lemon as the board got detached from the neck early on.. I played a friend's Glen Tipton (themed??) epi LP custom with mirror parts which played ok but sounded shit; the only I ve seen ever since
  • I've never seen anyone playing a wangcaster.............. much to my disappointment
    Old Is Gold
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited October 2013
    Dean Razorbacks are well-publicised and come in seemingly hundreds of different finishes, but I don't think I have ever seen a single one that wasn't painted in the war crime that is the Explosion finish:

Not to say it looks much better in any of the other finishes they don't seem to sell many of...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • I've never seen a ZW, nor do I know anyone who has one.  There are a lot of models I haven't seen, Canadians like the Les Pauls, Strats and Teles a lot and only stray as far as an SG or Jaguar now and then overall.  The first time I saw a Gibson Explorer was when I saw U2 in the 80's!  One of my aquaintences had a nice Gretsch solid body with a silver sparkle finish that was pretty cool.  Even the music stores here are full of Gibson and Fender and/or copies of them, along with some Canadian brands that aren't bad or radical looking, like Godin. 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Bucket;50450" said:
    Dean Razorbacks are well-publicised and come in seemingly hundreds of different finishes, but I don't think I have ever seen a single one that wasn't painted in the war crime that is the Explosion finish:

http://www.carlinoguitars.com/images/ExplosionRazorback_full.jpg

Not to say it looks much better in any of the other finishes they don't seem to sell many of...
    Lol! My friend got that exact guitar years ago. His is the only one I've ever seen. I like it, compared to the slime finish...

Still pretty awful, for such a cool, "dime" design. I'd like to see one in a smarter finish that doesn't make a half decent guitar look like a toy...
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

You won't believe it, but I've never once seen a Jackson dinky...
    Got one ;)