P90s in a Jaguar?

What's Hot
XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
edited February 2015 in Guitar
Just looking at pickup options for my JM Jaguar, browsing through Creamery's site I see they offer P90 to fit the Jag

http://www.creamery-pickups.co.uk/jag-90-jaguar-sized-p90-pickup-set.html

Anyone ever tried this? I've tried to search on youtube but no dice.

EDIT: I mean retrofitting Creamery or other Jag pickup sized P90s into an existing Jag
And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• well I guess I'd need a soapbar for that, rather than dogear...
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ahh no, sorry, what I meant was has anyone fitted them to a regular Jag, either creamery ones or other Jag sized P90. Will edit original post...
  • I imagine its an overwound Jag pickup with a magnet along the bottom.

Personally if I were going to change pups in a Jag/buy some generally I would talk to Marc at mojopickups @mojopickups
    He is the daddy of pickup winders.
    I strongly recommend a set of overwound alnico 2 Jag pickups. Overwound alnico 5s are nice too. 
    If you want hot, the classic player jag pickups can be had for cheap and they have a p90 vibe to them. 

if you are doing it to the Marrguar I would recommend changing the bridge first. The stock fender staytrem is nothing like a real staytrem and you get a much nicer sound from a staytrem unit or a Mastery.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I'm toying with the idea of building a Jag or (more likely) A jazzmaster, and I've had a look at those alternative bridges you mention. I will give one of them a try if I go ahead.
  • Jazzmaster all the way and definitely mojo for the pickups. 
    @JookyChap will be able to help you out loads on the Jazzmaster front. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Big +1 on mojopickups if for no other reason than he is a complete offset nut..oh, and that his pickups are always brilliant.

Give us a PM @wulfhere if you need pointing at part suppliers (unless your moniker means you are a Wanderers fan in which case you are on your own - boing boing ;) 

• Heh heh no worries @JookyChap its a reference to Wulhere, king of Merica who allegedly, maybe had his seat of power somewhere near to my town of Stone in Staffordshire

If I go ahead with Jazzmaster I will consult you wise fellows, who I have already gathered are well versed in the subject :-)
    Actually, it's no worry - the missus is a Spurs fan ffs ;)

• I've spent many a happy hour at White Hart lane. That place has got a bit of character!
    Yeah, think they'd fit the hawthorns in their club shop. First time I went with her I couldn't believe they had supermarket trollies, I ask yer...

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I have a pair of Mojo pickups P90s in a Tele. They are amazing.