Interesting Videos

Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
I stumbled across these videos earlier tonight and found them quite interesting.  The first is on the difference between modern and 50s wiring the other was a survey to highlight the difference (or lack there of) of tone caps - type not value.

Modern and 50s wiring

Tone cap survey

Tone cap results

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    David Collins is one of very few people who have anything guitar related worth listening to on Youtube.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I watched a few of his videos last night and really enjoyed them.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    DamianP said:
    David Collins is one of very few people who have anything guitar related worth listening to on Youtube.
    He's an interesting guy, but comes in for some quite astoundingly vicious attacks from a couple of the mods on MLP for dispelling some of the myths peddled by some of the site sponsors.

I've come to his defence a couple of times when he's asked one of the Expensive Bullshit vendors on there to clarify a point (he's too gracious and patient to wade in too much himself) which is why I seem to have an 18-month ban from there.
    :)

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12646
    edited February 2015
    Brilliant - thanks for sharing. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671
    p90fool said:
    DamianP said:
    He's an interesting guy, but comes in for some quite astoundingly vicious attacks from a couple of the mods on MLP for dispelling some of the myths peddled by some of the site sponsors.

I've come to his defence a couple of times when he's asked one of the Expensive Bullshit vendors on there to clarify a point (he's too gracious and patient to wade in too much himself) which is why I seem to have an 18-month ban from there.
    :)

My Little Pony ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    He still has the same guitar in his guitar making thingy on the bench....
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    Paul_C said
    My Little Pony ?
    Similar, only more juvenile :)