Is there a doctor in the house to diagnose this Les Paul?

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
I was watching 'House' on TV (s1 ep 9) and right at the beginning there's a guy in a recording studio with a red Gibson Les Paul Custom....or so I first thought. It had the famous diamond headstock inlay and rectangular block inlays on the fretboard, and full size covered humbuckers...

....BUT the hardware was chrome and the body was only single bound just like a LP standard.

Is anyone able to diagnose what LP version this guitar is?
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    Sounds like a Marc Bolan, maybe refinished or a custom order. Or a normal Standard that's had a neck replacement, like Bolan's.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Seem to remember that Hugh Laurie is really playing his own guitar in an opening scene to one episode. Maybe the LPC is his? As he was earning 400,000 per episode I guess Gibson would make him whatever he asked for.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    edited February 2015
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Thanks chrisj1602 that looks like the one.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)