Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So these 2015 Gibsons with that logo....

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
edited February 2015 in Guitar
ie using the new font..are they selling ok or are they gonna have to get rid of that hideous logo and revert back to the old style one that everyone knows n loves ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Any 2015 model LP model with aforesaid silly logo is strictly off my radar... and that means even massively reduced stock for next 3/4 years... unless is so silly a reduction I can get the headstock re finished to the classic style and still save
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• Picture the scene.. it's November 2015 in pressreleaseland...

"Introducing the new 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard with new, improved:

- Original, authentic headstock logo
    - Original kluson tuners by tonepros for the authentic 1959 look with modern engineering
    - etc etc ...
    "
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • If it doesn't read "Joe Bonamassa" down the neck in garish inlay, no headstock logo could save it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    After seeing the G-force tuners work, I'm convinced they are here to stay. It's the future!

Who knows? The 2015 Les Paul 100 logo may be a selling point in a couple of decades.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873

The G-Force will stay.

The headstock Logo will stay, since it is his signature, not sure about the 100 part though as next year will be his 101st year since his birth

The hologram is here to stay too, perhaps not his face...New and Improved logo for 2016 !

The brass nut is here to stay.

The wider neck however.....I hope it doesn't

The clip on pickguard, I hear rumours they are going, since you can't get them as spare parts at all.  Looks like that may be up for the chop already, which actually is my favourite and actually a good idea.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    Honestly can't see WTF the fuss is all about. FFS I'm 62 and dislike change as much or more than the next person but this is so banal it makes me cross.
    It's like when Porsche went water cooled for the 996 - it's change, it's progress, it's inevitable and, frequently, change is good.
    If you don't like the logo, stick a bit of shiny black tape over it and just play the thing.
    I just bought a 2015 LP Studio and I have to say that I glanced at the logo and that was that. My willy didn't get any smaller whatsoever.
    Slight rant over.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    And I like the wide neck and G-force too
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I prefer the original logo but if I saw a certain model go cheap enough, I'd still buy one.
  • who cares? as long as it plays well and sounds good i couldnt give a toss about them changing the signature.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Get a 'proper' signature decal, and Bob's yer uncle..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    The 100 logo really gets on my tits
  • new logo is ok to me
    Old Is Gold
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    I'm not a fan at all and I think itl make them difficult to sell on. Time will tell...
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Hopefully they're tough to shift and this time next year I can pickup a junior for half price :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hologram is laughable.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72313
    underdog said:
    Hopefully they're tough to shift and this time next year I can pickup a junior for half price :D
    As a repairer I like them. I definitely foresee them being cleared out at low prices next year and a corresponding demand for headstock refinishing, standard tuner installation and other "de-2015-ing" work, at least from people who like or don't mind wider necks - since that's the only one that's really difficult to change. (And rules them out for me personally.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    I don't know about the other stuff but my gut feeling is that they will go back to the regular headstock logo next year.

I would imagine the current version is just a special centenary tribute to Les.

If that happens in years to come the 2015's will become collectors items.
    :P
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

Gibson 2015 blows.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I do think the hologram makes them look cheap, then again so does that minitune thing.