NGD - And it's red.

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
edited February 2015 in Acoustics
Not sure this will be to everyone's tastes..

It may well have solved my love/hate relationship with Collings acoustics though. The power and clarity is always addictive as a change from other acoustics I have, which are a bit mellower, but have sold the last few Collings as they just became a bit harsh/tiring and as a result weren't getting used enough. Always kind of missed them afterwards though, and they are amazing things to own. Build quality is just paranormal. You tune them once when they arrive, and that's it for the rest of your life, or until next string change anyway.

So, this 'All Mahogany CJ' seemed like it might be the answer, and so far that would appear to be the case! It's like the expected Collings tone, but with all the edges rounded off. Very loud, still bassy but balanced by powerful treble strings. Incredible big tone when strummed hard.

It's way redder than it looks in the pic's. Full on cherry red. Hence why might not be to everyone's tastes. As well as the cream pickguard of course, although does look nice with the matching binding :)  Will take some better pic's actually..

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fantastic - really lovely fireplace!

Lovely guitar too.... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat_a_tat_tatStrat_a_tat_tat Frets: 2761
    edited February 2015
    CloudNine said:
    Build quality is just paranormal.

Thanks for those words. They just helped me emphasise a point about cost v quality... to my wife. 
    ;)

I agree... Collings build quality is in a league of its own - and then some.

Congrats on your new guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    It does look lovely in a Country & Western way.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I like that, lovely. Congratuations.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Oooh yeh, that's nice. Very red but very nice!
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    Yep I like that too :)
  • nice!

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I love it. My team play in red and white.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
    Cheers guys! The new guitar smell is intoxicating. (Maybe literally, as probably a fair bit of glue I am sniffing when I put my nose in the soundhole)

@richardhomer Yeah, the strategic fireplace shot. I don't have a black leather couch, so this had to do... Also the only direction that you won't see the piles of toys and other crap lying about. Got to at least create the illusion that there is some semblance of order to my life. I can almost convince myself when looking at that pic.  :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom