Underway ..... experiment '8' is underway.

axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
my joint favourite guitar player is the awesome Alex Hutchings. I have been going through some of his videos again recently, enjoying his superb feel and nuance, and looking closely at some of the 'up close' stuff you could tell that he was using very light strings (which I knew anyway). For some reason I felt a strong urge to try them again and see what I can get out of them. I have a pal in america who plays Chapman stick, and he goes for very light strings as he thinks they are more expressive.

I tried a set some years ago and took them off the next day! total 'no' at the time, However, I just really fancy having a go again. The downside is that the easiest guitar to put them on is the Feline (no trem), but it's a major hassle if I can't 'bond' with them quickly as I barely touch the other guitars. Anyway, phase one has been initiated. I dropped into Coda and surprise surprise, they stocked them.

So, I will probably stick them on a guitar either today or tomorrow and see what I think ....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Only ever tried them once. They felt too sort of rubbery and they didn't seem to hold in tune as well as 10-11s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom