RAWRotM coming soon!

So in March we shall have..........

Solo of the month, Riff of the month and the new RAW riff of the month

RAWRotM is basically single guitar track submissions only, no other instruments allowed.

This is in response to requests for a riff comp with simple rules and a fairer playing field.

Rock and roll!
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just a thought but rather than split the field why dont you have a separate winner for raw and full composition riffs? Several of the winners havent been that well recorded anyway so I think the raw ones could still have a chance of winning overall.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great ideas. The Fretboard just keeps getting better and better.
  • PolarityMan;533401" said:
    Just a thought but rather than split the field why dont you have a separate winner for raw and full composition riffs? Several of the winners havent been that well recorded anyway so I think the raw ones could still have a chance of winning overall.
    Well some people have seemed keen on submitting 2 riffs a month, this way they can. The main riff competition still takes normal entries they don't need to be super polished or multi layered. RAW just guarantees that it is literally all about the riff rather than a composition.
    Old Is Gold
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

i personally like this idea....

but would someone be able to submit the same riff in two formats? I think it would be fine...

1. because the number of entries doesnt die down

2. everyone can enter and its not splitting the competition

3. nice to hear a riff by itself and in a band setting.

• samzadgan;533751" said:
    i personally like this idea....but would someone be able to submit the same riff in two formats? I think it would be fine...1. because the number of entries doesnt die down2. everyone can enter and its not splitting the competition3. nice to hear a riff by itself and in a band setting.
    I guess you could if you wanted to, it wouldn't be my personal choice but it would be interesting to hear.
    Old Is Gold
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    @Antique_Guitars "RAWRotM is basically single guitar track submissions only, no other instruments allowed."  Along with the OTM challenges I think this is a great idea :-)
  • This will be the last addition on my side of things, work is quite tough at the mo so I'm near full brain capacity
    Old Is Gold
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Hey, I've not been very active in these compo's recently, but I like the idea of a raw riff, easy to record, no nonsense.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4524
    edited March 2015
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7281
    This will be the last addition on my side of things, work is quite tough at the mo so I'm near full brain capacity
    otMotM? ..my favourite one is the full fat riff one
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ