POG differences- nano vs micro

What's Hot
rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1373
So the new nano pog is coming/is here. I can't find much explaining the differences (either features, technical, or even reviews) between the 2 to inform my choice.... Does anyone have any knowledge as yet? Ta
An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not yet, but I'll certainly be buying the Nano (mid March seems to be the drop date for the UK).

Andertons were a bit premature with their website and reckoned they'd have them on the 20th (last week), but now both GAK and Andertons are saying the same.

For me it's the size benefit I'm after. I've happily used a Micro Pog for years, so "if you can't make it better then make it smaller" ;-)

(although the brief details that have come out mentioned a new algorithm and silent switching)

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Is the price about £150?

It may be that the second hand market of the Micro drops so good deals to be had, smaller is better as far as many are concerned!  I for one will be getting the nano :D

(not sure on the new alg / switching, might just be marketting stuff? I've never heard complaints about switching on the micro)
  • is it £50 better than the Pitch fork though? hmmmm
    GavHaus said:
    is it £50 better than the Pitch fork though? hmmmm
    You always struck me as the kind of guy to buy both and find out ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1373
    Didn't like the pitchfork. It's abilities outweighed my talent!
  •  

If you are selling a Micro POG to fund a Nano POG, it's quite an expensive upgrade to gain pedalboard space considering you'll probably get about £90 for the Micro POG and need to spend an extra £60 to get what you already have.

Sorry if I gave the wrong end of the stick. I am thinking about buying either a new nano or second hand micro- so exactly right, spend £90 or £150. If I go nano, what do I get for the extra £60 other than a bit extra space on the board....
  •  

If you are selling a Micro POG to fund a Nano POG, it's quite an expensive upgrade to gain pedalboard space considering you'll probably get about £90 for the Micro POG and need to spend an extra £60 to get what you already have.

Hey, that's what I'm doing ;-)

(and I've already sold my Micro Pog)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I have a POG2. I only ever use one setting so I think this could be for me. Also then I'd have space for a Cali76!
  • rsvmark said:
    Sorry if I gave the wrong end of the stick. I am thinking about buying either a new nano or second hand micro- so exactly right, spend £90 or £150. If I go nano, what do I get for the extra £60 other than a bit extra space on the board....
    It doesnt look THAT much smaller, i dont think you would be able to fit another pedal in the space you save. I would just go for the micro. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    So still no Nano Pog.

Today was the second date that Andertons were listing as "due on the..." but it doesn't look like that happened (and I was always suspicious of that date anyway as no other retailer was showing them).

I cancelled my pre-order a while back as they'd taken 100% payment at point of order not point of despatch, so I'm holding on till they physically get them or can at least guarantee a date,

Now back to Friday 15th May :(
    Good.  I can't afford one yet ;)
    joeyowen said:
    I can, I just can't blinking buy one...and I've already sold my Micro Pog :-(
    @Yoseph can you shed any light on the due dates for the EHX Nano Pog?

joeyowen said:
    I can, I just can't blinking buy one...and I've already sold my Micro Pog :-(
    And I've just bought one....