Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RotM #7 - Voting (Short month = short voting period)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    My bribes have been counted and here are the winners / most currupt..

1st place / 5 points go to ..... @steamabacus - wonderful, just wonderful.
    2nd place / 3 points go to ... @antique_guitars - how do you do that? amazing to hear .. 
    3rd place / 1 point goes to .... @judasvigilante - smashing riff, well done!

Best title award goes to @andyjp .. The Magnificent 7/8 .. genius!!!

Well done everyone who entered and everyone who voted ... may the best riff / bung / greasy backhander win : )))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Blimey! That was cheap!!
    :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the vote @DesVegas. I owe you a pint!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Wow, thanks for my first ever 5 pointer @downsideup11! Thanks to everyone else who gave me points too! 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• Right babes here are my votes!

Firstly thanks to everyone that entered and well done as al the riffs are bloody amazing, what a bunch of sexy talented bastards we have on here :-)

Very hard to choose and very close near the end but here are my top three:

5 points to @Bucket - we all know your an amazing player but I was really glad that you were playing something not metal or cheesy grunge so yeah incredible riff really and I'm sure you will be a great session musician of artist or whatever you want to be after you finish your studies.

3 points to @lloyds - great little riff sounds a bit folky to me really like it great stuff for sure.

1 point to @Paul_Blackskin - awesome chunky stoner hardcore which I really loved reminds me of a few bands that I love very cool!
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Wow @Antique_Guitars thanks very much!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • last day of voting today peeps
    Old Is Gold
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 219
    edited February 2015
    Hi all, here's my input.

Really impressed by the variety and originality of the entries. Enjoyed listening to all of them.

1) @che loved this one
    2) @hobbio top banana
    3) @bucket very catchy mate

My first crack at this, good fun too. Cheers @hobbio for my first point .
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    5 points @JudasVigilante, 3 points @Pvo_Dave, 1 point @Hobbio.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    1st - Hobbio 
    2nd - Davewww - felt a bit Dave Navarro-esq to me :)
    3rd - Bingefeller - with some polish it could have been an Audioslave riff :)

Hard to choose again, thanks for the votes I recieved too, wasn't expecting any
  • @Rocker Thanks for the vote. Much appreciated. 
  • Feedbacks:

@Fretwired: Nice riff but I felt it needed to be a touch higher and faster, it's a bit sedate at the speed and feels like it's being constrained. 

@Bingefeller: Like a scuzzy version of the chilli's, really liked this one. Only constructive criticsim would be get some ghost notes going on the snare! 

@PVO_Dave: Sorta countryish twang to this one , I thought the bass line fought a bit with the feel of the main riff though 

@Kin: Sort of ambient thing, I thought it didnt need the lead that came in near the end and the clipping on the bass drum was just annoying rather than what I expect was aimed at being "glitchy". Having said that I like the originality of this one and despite the warts stood out for me amongst the pack. 

@Antique_Guitars: Really not my thing but the finger picking sounded pretty good. 

@DesVegas: Great riff title! I thoght the noise intro didnt really fit with the feel of the riff but the middle section with the high notes was fantastic with the variations demonstrating how it could fit into a song really nicely. I reckon a full piece based on this would practically write itself 

@SteamAbacus: This sounds tense! Really evocative, prob didnty need the lead sneaking in at the end but the feel of this was superb. 

@Judas Vigilante: Huge guitar sounds but the riff itself was a bit uninspiring for me 

@Hobbio: Really liked this one, love riffs like the first one with pedal notes. 

@Downsideup11: I was sooooo waiting for a beat to drop on this one but you left me disappointed :( Nice synth motif though 

@Axewieldingbastard: As cool as the fx were I probably didnt need 3 minutes of this. 

@Daveww: Liked the pushed back guitar sound, unlike the previous track this one at 14 seconds left me wanting more which is definitely a good thing. 

@Horse: Great sounds, like the prominent bass especially and the rhythm stabs. Ultimately though the riff didnt really speak to me that much, the lead lick at the end really highlighted for me that this isnt an in your face,m feature of the song riff, but rather music which would support lead playing. 

@SamZadgan: Particularly lush echoes here, great atmospheric riff 

@Paul_Blackskin: Nice grooving riff, the drum fills sound a touch robotic though, the toms especially would benefit from having velocity automating a bit more. 

@AndyJP: I dont know why but I reckon this one would make a great TV themse tune. 

@lloyds: Nice guitar tone on this one, not really my thing but played very nicely. 

@Bucket: Funky riff, that run at the beginning of each repetition is great

@Ché: cheesy? yes....funky? definitely....awesome? very much so 

@Spark240: The title suggests a Zepellin influence but this sounds like a wicked stoner riff to me. Would prefer if I couldnt hear the acoustic string nose but the riff itself more than makes up for it.

Votes go to:

First: @Bingefeller
    Second: @Spark240
    Third: @Ché
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the votes guys.  :)
  • This closes tonight!

Please can I ask that if you have entered the competition that you please try and make sure you also vote, this is just a common courtsey thing.
    Old Is Gold
  • less than 30 mins to go
    Old Is Gold
  • Voting closed peeps
    Old Is Gold