Sweepstake on how long it is until I sell this M13 I just bought!

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
pahahahahaha... I know, I am a fool. But they really ARE cracking units, and the temptation of midi switching my JVM was too big to ignore!

So I'm thinking:

Volume > Wah > M13 Input >
M13 FX Send > Satriani JVM Input
Satriani JVM Send > M13 FX Return

I also have two DD7's, a Hardwire Phaser, Hardwire Reverb, and a Zoom MS70CDR, to throw into the mix. Any creative ideas on where I could put them into this setup? Not that I need them, but just thinking out loud for the moment.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good luck with the 4th M13. I have a similar relationship with line6 M units! Let me know if you decide to sell the zoom ms-70cdr. :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72315
    Two weeks.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    edited October 2013
    I kept mine about a month. Got it to replace my pedalboard, did a side-by side comparison between it, my board and a Line 6 DM4 and found it totally wanting, even when comparing like-for-like stomp box models on the dm4. The sound just isn't good to my ears - murky, no punch. Which is a shame because the feature set is incredible!

Even the delays, which you'd think they couldn't get wrong, didn't work for me. It was impossible to get them sitting right in the mix, they were either inaudible or totally dominating.

I kept it for as long as I did because the looper was so fantastic to use, with lots of single-function footswitches making it great to work with on stage. Ultimately it was just too big/ expensive to use just for that one thing though.

Not wanting to shit on your purchase of course! Everyone's needs/ uses are different so I hope it works for you. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Ha! Well that is one of the reasons I ended up selling my M9, the murikness. But I got by with it for over a year and only really started to give a shit when I compared it to my Nova Delays. So I guess I'll see how I get on!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Ha! Well that is one of the reasons I ended up selling my M9, the murikness. But I got by with it for over a year and only really started to give a shit when I compared it to my Nova Delays. So I guess I'll see how I get on!
    Funny, it was comparing the delays to my Nova Repeater that helped seal its fate. But to be honest I couldn't believe how much better the DM4 drives sounded than the same models on the M13 - you'd think they'd have improved it in the 10 years or so. The DM4 Rat and my early '90s Rat 2 were of comparable quality in terms of punch, eq, dyanmic response etc. The M13 model gave me PTSD.
    The thing that makes me want to go back is I was listening to a lot of my older recordings which were done with the M9 and a DL-4 too. I liked them quite a bit!

I wont be using it for drives, and I think the only usable drive on those units is the Tube Drive model, which is actually pretty killer.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    2-3 weeks

That's how long I took ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    3 weeks and 2 days.
    *groan*

Thing was dead on arrival. Need to sort out a refund now :(
  • Drew_fx said:
    *groan*

Just get yourself a GigRig and a load more pedals (probably including a Timeline somewhere) and be done with it ;)
    <space for hire>
    Not helpful.
    :-?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26577
    edited October 2013
    Drew_fx said:
    Not helpful.
    :-?
    I strongly suspect that you're the only person in the world for whom a GigRig would actually save money :D
    <space for hire>
    lol. C'mon, I'm haaaardly nocaster!!

I sell stuff to make up for the new stuff I buy :P
  • Drew_fx said:

Heh...yeah, I know, but by definition you lose money every time you sell something ;)
    <space for hire>
    Drew_fx said:
    *groan*

How typically Line6...

Is it the unit, or the power supply? I know, that's hard to tell if you don't have any other way of testing either one.

That was something else that went wrong with my DL-4 - first power supply DOA, second one lasted about a week. The pedal fucked up before the third one died though :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Hmm. Well the unit itself is flickering and seems to be "powering" ...

Drew_fx said:

Heh...yeah, I know, but by definition you lose money every time you sell something ;)
    Nah not really, most everything I buy is 2nd hand. So I usually sell it for what I paid if I haven't had it too long.
    Drew_fx said:
    Hmm. Well the unit itself is flickering and seems to be "powering" ...

Fault in the unit unfortunately. If it was the power supply you'd just get nothing.

I agree. Hopefully the seller wont be too miffed about sending me a refund.
    UPDATE: Seller has refunded me. Just waiting for the paypal to get unlocked, then I can ship the broken unit back to him. Still on the look out for an M13!!