Friday humour

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Emp_Fab said:
    I've got some amazing cartoons from my Dad's old 'Punch' diaries from the 60's and 70's.  They're over my mum's at the moment but I'll grab them next time I'm over there and scan the best ones.  There are some real corkers in there.
    Used to love Punch .. I had a subscription until the mag folded.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Let's parler Franglais :))
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    edited April 2016
    Fretwired;1027781" said:
    I uses this as part of a presentation I did. Couple of people said they'd never heard of the clangers and didn't get it but one of my colleagues wanted to know why there was a dog on the floor. Hopefully she has now gone to specsavers.

EDIT - it's the dropped a clangers cartoon, the quote system isn't picking it up for some reason.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    Fretwired;1027781" said:
    I uses this as part of a presentation I did. Couple of people said they'd never heard of the clangers and didn't get it but one of my colleagues wanted to know why there was a dog on the floor. Hopefully she has now gone to specsavers.

EDIT - it's the dropped a clangers cartoon, the quote system isn't picking it up for some reason.
    I'm sure if would have worked better 15years ago. Or the clangers are back on TV now, so if you wait another 15years then more colleagues will understand again!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    BigMonka;1038795" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Fretwired;1027781" said:

I'm sure if would have worked better 15years ago. Or the clangers are back on TV now, so if you wait another 15years then more colleagues will understand again!
    Well, this was my Asian colleagues so I may well now be seen as being culturally insensitive. :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    edited April 2016
    A guy was driving around Dublin when he saw a sign in front of a house,  'Talking Dog for Sale.'
    He rang the bell and the owner told him the dog was in the backyard.
    The guy went into the backyard and saw a Labrador sitting there..  'You talk?' he asked.
    'Yes,' the Lab replied.
    'So, what's the story?'
    The Lab looked up and said, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the Garda about my gift, and in no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running.'

'But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals. I got married, had a load of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'

The guy was amazed. He goes back in and asked the owner what he wanted for the dog.

'Ten euros.' the man said.

'Ten euros? This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?'

'Because he's a feckin' liar. He never did any of that shíte. '
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    That reminds me of the one about 2 horses in a bar.

1st horse: A funny thing happened to me at Chepstow last week in the 3.30. I was way down the field and suddenly I got this awful pain in my bum and it freaked me out so much that I just went like a rocket and beat the leading horse by 2 lengths

2nd horse: Isn't that weird. Same kind of thing happened to me at Newmarket yesterday in the 2.10. I was last and trailing by 3 lengths, and this terrible pain in my bum freaked me out so much that I shot past everyone else and it took the jockey a couple of furlongs after the winning post to get me to stop.

A greyhound was also at the same bar. He said:

Sorry to butt in guys, but I couldn't help hearing your conversation. The same thing happened to me at the Yarmouth dog track last Friday ...

and the 1st horse didn't let him finish - he just turned to the 2nd horse and said:

Well would you believe it - a talking dog!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12880
    I've never been to America but I've been in some states.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom