Insanity

What's Hot
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

When I was a kid I wanted to be Angus, Tony or (Cream era) Eric… I STILL love the look & sound of an SG, but despite repeatedly buying then selling then buying then selling SG's I've come to realise that I don't find them comfortable (& should stick to Les Pauls). 
It's not the famous neck dive, it's that the whole guitar seems to be shifted slightly too far to the left for me. So I think I'm about to let ANOTHER one go… probably to forget and get another one in a year or so.

What mistakes do you keep making over and over with regards your kit or playing?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1597
    I have always really wanted an SG as I find the LP just a little too dark for me. I keep making that mistake!
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Yep. I'm a recidivist too. I've had four identical AC15s, four white jazzmasters with red tortie 'plates, god knows how many natural ash bodied Teles, 2 Lil Night Trains and have just sourced another, all manner of cheap Les Pauls...it goes on. As for pedals...

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
    Telecasters. Always telecasters.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

None. Absolutely none.

Apart from Dirt pedals. I seem to have "some" of them. 23 to be precise.

Guitars, no mistakes ever. I buy very few, and sell very few.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Strats. Hopefully cured, now, though..

so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24799
    I've owned four different Les Pauls over the years. Undeniably a guitar I'd like to get on with - but they really don't suit me.

I'm confident there won't be a fifth....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    edited March 2015
    ^^^ this^^^
    I just sold my last two and now, after 28 years of perseverance, I'm done buying Les Pauls and trying to make them work for me LOL
    I love SG's though....
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7755
    I've bought two AC15C1s and sold them again when they weren't being used, if I need another gigging amp I'll probably buy another.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister