Cheapest/best option for backing track playback?

On a a few of my band's tracks we have some synth parts/arps on a backing track and send a click to the drummer.

At the moment we use a Roland sample pad for this with the click hard left and the track hard right and split the stereo out to two mono leads but the pad is on its way out and was wondering if there is a better option.

Ideally want something multitrack with two stereo outs, one for the click track and one for the synths. Any suggestions?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398

You can use an Ipod with click left to drummer and synth right to PA as a cheap option . A better way is Ipod to small mini mixer by drummer, then feed from that to the PA and drummer
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    I don't know about cheapest but I have just started using Ableton live with an audio interface - it's brilliant!

I have 4 outputs, I run a stereo track, a click and a guide separately. This means the flute player can have just the guide in her in ears, as she does not need the click and so on.

We used to use some simple tracks before, and the jump in quality was unbelievable.

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• Cool, thanks for the input!
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Ableton isn't cheap but it is so, so good.

A friend I knew used to use one of those harddisk portastudio things with multitple outs.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9699

Digitech Jamman Stereo?

http://digitech.com/en/products/jamman-stereo

Has stereo outs for that purpose, store your tracks on sd card and press play with your feet

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Danny1969;553086" said:
    You can use an Ipod with click left to drummer and synth right to PA as a cheap option . A better way is Ipod to small mini mixer by drummer, then feed from that to the PA and drummer
    I do this is my band, we use an ipad with the backtrax app. It auto pauses at the end of each song, and you can set up numerous set lists.