NGD - bought a new Washburn

jamiejamie Frets: 3
I was looking for a decent "beater" guitar to replace my old (very old) Washburn D-12 which suffered a fatal accident because of a careless drunk. I had tried a few different makes but then spied an ad for a brand new Washburn D-10S dreadnought, guy had been given it as a gift but didn't play guitar so was selling it. I figured I could risk a £100 gamble so I bought it. Wow, he wasn't kidding, the strings have never been touched, it really was brand new (the Heritage version). All solid wood, gorgeous grain, nice tone and that wonderful Washburn neck, I love them. It also had the WORST action I have ever seen on a new acoustic guitar!!! You could drive a bus between the 12th fret and the bottom of the strings.
Out came the tools and i set to work. Adjusted the truss rod, dropped in a lower saddle, put lighter strings on, and it's done. The action is way lower, plays great, just needs breaking in but I am going to put a different saddle in when I install the pickups, going with a Tusq, used them before and I like them.
So, all in all, a hundred quid well spent!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I had a D10S. Really nice guitar. I'd have another - definitely.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Pics or it didn't happen!
  • joes16joes16 Frets: 10
    I've had a D10S for many years. I couldn't ever part with it!