Aerosmith - dude looks like a lady

nickpnickp Frets: 183
anyone done a cover of this that worked really well (no keys but two guitarists)

I really like the track but it has a lot of "production" on it and I wonder what it would be like inna pub
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dunno... it's got me thinking if it could be done in my covers band... It's a great track that could work really well with two guitars I think.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    it grooves in a very aerosmith way.  We are training a new bass player so new songs are currently out of the question but I wanna do it (sulks)
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    the other nice thing is that it doesn't appear on many cover bands set lists (which could of course be a hint)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26895
    Definitely do it but your band need to be really good. Steve Tyler's parts are always hard to sing, and its full of sampled vocals and harmonies and horn parts that all need to be covered to get even close to sounding right and being convincing. 2 guitars (or 1 guitar and 1 good keys player) plus ideally 2 or 3 on BVs. Would be an awesome song to play live if you're up to it though.

And no idea how you'd best do the opening bars.

Decent live version here as far as arrangement goes. I'm a big fan of Perry but his solo is a bit rubbish here. It's super-recognisable so I'd want to get it 99% note-for-note with the original myself. Whitford's outro solo is great though.

This one is shit quality and less tight but has a better solo, fwiw

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires