12v to 9v.... Is it possible??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    the reason I asked is because I have a 12V channel with 400ma free on my Cioks and had hoped to use that, should I aquire a silly pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    edited March 2015
    GavHaus said:
    the reason I asked is because I have a 12V channel with 400ma free on my Cioks and had hoped to use that, should I aquire a silly pedal.

If you are using the 9v next to it, either sock 7 or 9, then the 12v isn't free.  That's my understanding.

Is it the DC10?

nope, not on the powerfactor 2, they're all independent.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873

Oh I see!

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    cant you just use the adapter that comes with the moog?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Do you have any other pedals that *are* OK running on 12V? If so, move them to the 12V output and use the 9V output on your new pedal.

R.
    I'd considered that, but like Dana International, it's a complicated set-up down there
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    GavHaus said:
    I'd considered that, but like Dana International, it's a complicated set-up down there
    you need to take up slide acoustic then you wouldn't have such issues :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    ...or (unlike Dana International) just be happy with what I've got
    I think the latter to be honest. 

I have nearly said that a few times on PM but I didn't want to upset you. 

Plus you have to buy my bone collector soon anyway
    the Moog desire stems back to about 2005, so I've not pulled the trigger quickly... it just might be the year that I do.
    you have a hair trigger when it comes to pedals mate
    Don't know what you mean; I play blues mate - straight into my 5w billion pound amp