Custom Pedal Casing - Can anyone help?

What's Hot
JasonJason Frets: 1103
in FX tFB Trader
I saw this a couple of days ago and I thought it was genius, does anyone know who could build me a casing for 3 of my pedals?

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd504/sweet_f_a/1463566_10152110598125348_269513751_n_zpsezdozlzr.jpg
The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27464
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Box is a Hammond 1550G and it's a pain in the arse to re-house already existing pedals unfortunately. Everything about taking something with it's own switching and making it all into a coherent multi is just a lot of effort. Doing it properly is very time consuming...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    juansolo said:
    Box is a Hammond 1550G and it's a pain in the arse to re-house already existing pedals unfortunately. Everything about taking something with it's own switching and making it all into a coherent multi is just a lot of effort. Doing it properly is very time consuming...
    I concur, and this is why some Cornish pedals/systems are SO expensive...... I've done it once before and tbh i never want to do it again. Even if i were to do it, its cost prohibitive for the buyer and sucks a lot of hours in labour. The more elegant solution is to use a little multi loop switcher like the gigrig Quartermaster 4, you retain resale value this way too......

TTony said:
    Tony, thank you for the thought, very much appreciated.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    ahhhh I see, thank you for your replies. Great idea but not worth spending a fortune on. Bugger!
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited March 2015
    Don't get me wrong I make a lot of multi's for myself. But the ones that work have got to have a purpose other than just jamming your pedal board into one box. That never works as at some point you'll want to change things and you can't, then you're stuck with a multi that you can't sell as it doesn't 'fit' anyone else.

However you can make them if they have a goal or a purpose. These are the ones that work, where all the effects in there work together to create different soundscapes for example. These are very, very cool. But as Thorpy says, massively, massively time consuming to do. Also I don't do re-houses, they're all built from scratch. Finally I don't make them to order any more.